About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting Gynaecologist for a post and to reinforce its pool of replacement.
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||MSF-263|
|Closing Date:||23 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||64150 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
Main Purpose Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
1. Ensures the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices
1.1 Consults all patients admitted with obstetrical complications, prescribe treatment and management according to MSF protocol in collaboration with the midwife and assist in neonatal resuscitation
1.2 Manages complicated deliveries according to MSF protocol, together with the midwife on duty, performs MVA and vacuum delivery independently, performs obstetrical and gynecological ultrasound, Assists the anesthesiologists with the pre- and post-op care for the patients
1.3 According to training and experience, performs the following procedures independently: caesarean section, BTL, D&C, hysterectomy, destructive delivery
2. Attends daily ward rounds, on call system as scheduled and attends the OPD, emergency room and interdisciplinary consultations when required
3. Knows, implements and follows at all times the universal hygiene standards/precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control in the medical premises ensuring high standards of hygiene in the working environment
4. Responsible for identifying, receiving and providing care to the victims of the SGBV in collaboration with the midwife on duty and following the protocols
5. Ensures good communications amongst doctors, other medical personnel, ER staffs, patients and patients’ family
5.1 Keeps the patient and/or his/her family informed about the condition of the patient and provides appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood
6. Supports the training of the paramedical staff in order to ensure the amount of knowledge required and to improve people diagnosing, triage, and early detection capabilities
• Essential: Medical Doctor Diploma registered with Afghan Ministry of Health. Specialisation in Gynaecology
• Commitment to work with medical MSF standards
• Essential: At least 2 year certified work experience in Gynaecology
• Asset: Previous experience with MSF or other NGO's in developing countries
• Good level of English, good Dari oral and written, Pashto is an asset
FULL TIME/SCHEDULE: ACCORDING TO ROASTER.
Salary: The salary for this position is 64150 AFN (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Kabul
The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 23th May, 2018 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Ahmad Shah Baba Project via:
- E-mail :
- In a sealed envelope at: Ahmad Shah Baba Hospital, District 12, Kabul City
The reference GYNAECOLOGIST must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Capacity Building Assistant, EPR at World Health Organization||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Command and Control Center (CCC) Officer at World Health Organization||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Emergency stock and logistics management assi.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||30 May 2018|
|Team Lead Health Facilities Study, Afghanista.. at MSI-ARTF||Kabul||21 May 2018|
|Technical Consultant at Ministry of Public Health||Zabul||26 May 2018|
|Trainee Neurophysiology Technician at French Medical Institute for Mother..||Kabul||20 May 2018|