Social Water Management Specialist(1786 Views)
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock is a key ministry of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan that aims to develop the agriculture, irrigation and livestock of the rural and urban communities. The Ministry is expected to lay the foundations for a long-term strengthening of local agriculture, to promote governance, to rebuild social capital and leadership within villages and neighborhoods, and to provide assistance for rehabilitation and development of communities.
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish Main Central Program Management Office (CPMO) to centralize different existing ADB Funded Projects effective 01 February 2018. CPMO will be a permanent office to provide operationally (Administration, Finance, Procurement, Reporting, Technical and Monitoring and Evaluation) Support to all existing and forthcoming projects of ADB within the MAIL.
The Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS) project is designed to rehabilitate and improve the main irrigation canals and associated intake structures in two irrigation zones; (i) Zone I located in the district of Imam Sahib (Kunduz province), comprises a gross area of 51,760 ha, and is irrigated by the Imam Sahib canal system which is supplied by the Shahrawan offtake on the Amu Darya river; (ii) Zone II located in the districts of Dasht-eArchi (Kunduz province) and Khwaja Ghar (Takhar province), has a gross area of 27,900 ha, and is irrigated by the Archi Main canal which has a free intake on the Kokcha river. Improvement of two canals will result in reliable irrigation supplies to 74,300 ha in the Lower Kokcha Irrigation Scheme (LKIS). This includes an additional 3,000 ha of land that was formally out of command due to inadequate supply from the Archi Main canal and Jaded canal, and the reclamation of 2,000 ha of land that is currently waterlogged.
under overall supervision of PIO Manager ,the incumbent will perform the following duties:
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||MAIL-006-018|
|Closing Date:||30 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Implement and manage the social water management component in the project area.
2. Guide and assist the establishment of social water management infrastructure.
3. Liaise with the Ministry of irrigation and water resources, Ministry of agriculture, partner NGOs, community leaders, local authorities and other stake holders.
4. Develop strategies and initiatives to enhance the capacity of water users’ association.
5. Design and identify local community-friendly water management system through which community people can get better opportunities to use water for agriculture sectors.
6. Responsible for the oversight of project logistics, finance and administrative support.
7. Responsible for ensuring sound technical input into project design and implementation.
8. Develop monitoring/supervision tools to assess the real situation of project implementation.
9. Design necessary forms and formats to collect project’s information.
10. Make a plan for staff capacity development (e.g. provide formal training, workshop, experience sharing, counselling, and mentoring and so on).
11. Ensure cross-project integration, learning, sharing and adoption of best practices within projects.
12. Assist in designing technical manuals and documents to run the social water management activities.
13. Staff management and coordination with at least twenty engineers/ technical supervisors.
14. Generate reports for concerned authorities, donors and government officials.
15. Perform any other project relevant activity assigned by the Project Director
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. Graduate in Agriculture Engineering /Engineering with Specialization in irrigation or water management/ agriculture or any degree with focus on water distribution and conservation.
2. At least 5 years working experience in irrigation association or Water user group/ Water users’ association or social water management project.
3. Ability in designing water management and distribution plan for irrigation project.
4. Experience in working with Community-Based Organizations (CBOs) such as water user groups, co-operative, Self-help groups etc.,
5. Experience in conflict resolution at community level.
6. Writing and speaking proficiency in English, Pashto and Dari languages are essential and presentation skills, ability to initiate and facilitate community mobilization is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kunduz
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Soil Water Management Specialist -MAIL-006-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|M&E Officer at MAIL/HVCDSP||Multi Cities||03 Mar 2019|
|National Value Chain Development Facilitator at Food and Agriculture Orga..||Nimruz||28 Feb 2019|
|National Project Manager at Food and Agriculture Organization of the Unit..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Project Manager at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|Supervising Civil Engineer at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Horticultural Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Environmental Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Contract Farming Specialist at Ghani Consultancy Services||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|