Senior Legal Advisor to MoMP/Legal Services Directorate(659 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is seeking an Afghan national for the post of Senior Legal Adviser in the Legal Services Directorate. The Senior Legal Advisor will be responsible to the Legal Services Directorate and will work closely with other advisers in the Legal Services Directorate and colleagues in the Ministry.
|Date Posted:||15 May 2018||Reference:||MoMP/APA/Senior Legal Advisor to Legal Services Directorate|
|Closing Date:||28 May 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan on Legal Advisory based on job description.
2. Provide advice and support in all matters related to legal issues affecting the extractive industries in Afghanistan
3. Assist in the drafting and revision of laws and other technical documentation
4. Review documents for compliance with the law
5. Undertake assigned research relating to the extractive industry legal framework
6. Undertake collaborative work with other advisers and Ministry colleagues on a variety of projects
7. Performing any other tasks assigned by the Director on the basis of laws, regulations and objectives of organization.
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• At least Bachelor Degree in Law and Master’s degree in this fields are highly encouraged or a related subject
• Work experience in Afghanistan
• At least 5 years’ experience in the application of law in the public or private sector for Master and 7 years for bachelor.
• Experience of project-based work
• Ability to draft legal and other technical documentation
• Research skills
• English language skills
• Time management skills
• Good communication skills
• Office administrative and computing skills
• Flexibility and enthusiasm
• Ability to participate in discussion and operate as part of a multinational team
• S/he should possess excellent writing, editing, and speaking skills in Dari, Pashto and English.
• Priority will be given to candidates who demonstrate a high level of motivation and good communication, hardworking and interpersonal skills
• S/he must be well versed in MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint and etc.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 28/May/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/APA/Senior Legal Advisor to Legal Services Directorate must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Intern at Jabarkhail & Associates Legal Consultancy LLC||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|
|Legal Advisor at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||29 Nov 2018|
|Legal Officer ( STTA ) at Agricultural Development Fund||Balkh||22 Nov 2018|
|Office of The Professional Deputy Minister of.. at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Criminal Law Reform Working Group Advisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Office of the Minister of Justice at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|