Social and Gender Expert(808 Views)
INTEGRATION (INT) is a consulting organization, registered in Germany (Graefenberg/Frankfurt), with an official and registered subsidiary in Afghanistan.
INT is an independent consultancy company specialising in project management, with a focus on developing countries and emerging markets. Since its establishment in 1976, the company has carried out well over 1000 assignments mandated by German and international financing agencies, at the service of ministries and institutions in the partner countries. Based on a solid track record in over 80 countries INTEGRATION carries out a wide range of short, medium and long-term assignments in emerging markets and developing countries.
INT is working since 2005 in Afghanistan and has surveyed, designed and implemented hydropower plants and several transmission and distribution systems, public buildings and provided several technical trainings in Afghanistan. At the moment, INT is providing Consultancy Services to the Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW), German Development Bank (KfW), Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), L´Agence Française de Developpment (AFD), Asian Development Bank (ADB), Ministry of Education, Deputy Ministry of TVET and the World Bank (WB).
INT knows from experience that sustainable solutions cannot be developed by engineers alone, but rather through the careful selection of multi-disciplinary experts and teams. Based on the long-term experience of INT worldwide.
INTEGRATION is an equal opportunity employer. We seek talented professionals for challenging international assignments.
Our projects require individuals with knowledge and expertise in a variety of industries and consulting services.
Qualification levels - education, years of experience, overseas service, language capabilities - may vary. We hire consultants on a long- and short-term basis. We maintain a databank of specialists interested in long or short-term assignments. If you have already submitted your CV by e-mail it will be on our files.
The experts should preferably have a bachelor or higher degree in sociology, anthropology or related fields with minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience. The experts will assist the international Social and Gender Expert with focus on social safeguards to deliver required outputs, providing due diligence and recommendations for compliance with respective country standards, codes, laws and regulations as well as cultural context.
|Date Posted:||17 May 2018||Reference:||INT-FPV-SGE-02/2018|
|Closing Date:||02 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Freelancer||Years of Experience:||8 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 2 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The nominated expert will work under the overall guidance and direction of the office (Director/Manager), engaging with the Regional Secretary for Social and community Development.
• Conducting the required survey for community development and collect data of community
• Analysis of social, economic, and institutional frameworks related to the community development/social development.
• Analyze data using mathematical models
• Review the targeted sites rural economy & community development, including its structure, status, trends, key drivers, gaps and impediments. This review may include issues related to rural electrification, rural development, rural Mobilization, supply-chains
• Consult with targeted team for community development, rural development, social development, as well as with the government organizations.
• Map out all community development/rural development activities/projects already being carried out in targeted sites including those being carried out by development partners
• Identify key sub-sectors in the community development &rural; economy with economic potential and recommend steps to help realize that potential.
• Interact with local communities and representatives of all stakeholder groups (including women and youth) in the identification of priority areas for community development.
• Prepare reports, tables, and charts that present community survey results
• Initiate and review terms of reference for the conduct of community assessments required to inform project preparation
• Design, undertake, supervise and analyses community development surveys within the context of the design, implementation & evaluation of investment programs and projects
• Liaise between community at project & province level and share with INT.
• Advice policy and facilitation of knowledge building on gender issues
• support to resource mobilization
• Compilation, analysis and interpretation of gender issues and statistical data, thorough research and preparation of top quality analysis and reports.
• Production and launch of gender reports
• Contribution to sub regional, regional & interagency initiatives related to gender issues.
• Provide support to the project team in the field of gender issues and at the reforms undertaken or required field
• Integrate activities that include Gender Equality and Women Empowerment upon project level for winning applications, as needed;
• Monitor proper implementation of activities pertaining to the Gender Component of the project, as needed;
• Develop gender reports, assessments, analysis and recommendations;
• Assist in addressing all Gender related issues as needed by the program.
• The experts will assist the international Social and Gender Expert with focus on social safeguards to deliver required outputs, providing due diligence and recommendations for compliance with respective country standards, codes, laws and regulations as well as cultural context.
• Undertake any other task as the office (Director and/or Manager) may assign.
• Must be comfortable in being a pro-active member of the senior management team.
• Knowledge of community development analysis and planning tools; ability to think in terms of development systems and database management tools.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals.
• Ability to deliver outputs within prescribed time, budget and quality standards.
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect and sensitivity for diversity.
• Ability to work in teams as well as independently
• Skill of site working for collecting data from the site and conducting the survey.
• Good analytical skills, communications abilities, and ability to motivate other team members and counterparts;
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks;
• Excellent communication and networking skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to deal effectively with local peoples/Shuras and also with experts and national counterparts.
• Must be patient, diplomatic, and professional.
• Minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience
• Dari & Pashto speaking, with English language skills
• Should have social communication skills
• Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
• Computer literate including Words, Excel, PPs, and E-Mail
The experts should preferably have a bachelor or higher degree in sociology, anthropology or related fields with minimum 8 years of relevant professional experience.
The experts will assist the international Social and Gender Expert with focus on social safeguards to deliver required outputs, providing due diligence and recommendations for compliance with respective country standards, codes, laws and regulations as well as cultural context.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Social Science
Please submit your cover letter and C.V to the below mentioned submission email address and indicate clearly the position title and vacancy reference number in the subject of your e-mail for which you are applying.
|More jobs in this category|
|Inspection Consultant - Health at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|
|Senior Researcher for Security & Defense Stud.. at AISS||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|