Program Officer (Re-advertisement)(1410 Views)
About UMASS - USWDP
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Associate Degree / Bachelor Degree / Graduate Education (referred as Academic Streams) of USWDP in close collaboration with Jawzjan University (JU) aim at establishing Associate Degree in Business Administration, Bachelor in Business Administration and Master of Business Administration and Finance (all referred as USWDP new Programs), which will be of high quality. The degrees will be institutionalized within the Faculty of Economics (BBA, MBA and Associate Degree), referred as Housing Faculties, which systems and structures will respectively be ensuring the sustainability of the program. The Academic Streams of USWDP will work together with NU in providing policy and technical support in the design of these USWDP new Programs.
The Program Officer is a full-time, professional position located at the USWDP project office at Nangarhar University.
|Date Posted:||20 May 2018||Reference:||463|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include;
• Work in efficient and effective manner in supporting and coordinating all program matters needed for planning, design and implementation of USWDP new Programs at the Housing Faculties of Nangarhar University;
• Work in close consultation with the Deans of Housing Faculties, Senior Manager for Academic Streams of USWDP, and with the members of the USWDP new Programs Steering Committees;
• Work with full commitment, personal integrity and professionalism;
• Program Officer, report directly to the Senior Regional Program Manager for Academic Performance based in Kabul;
• Provide administrative and technical support to the degree Program Coordinators in implementing programs activities;
• Provide effective support to USWDP Academic Streams Senior Managers with program activities;
• Coordinate and perform specialized data processing tasks for the USWDP new Programs;
• Provide support to USWDP University Partnership Department to establish and implement overseas university partnerships for the related programs;
• Attend all steering committee meetings and share minutes of the meetings;
• Assist with processing all required supporting documents for payment of Honorariums for members of steering committees and program coordinators for timely payments;
• Support Steering Committees and prepare related documents on timely manner;
• Coordinate & facilitate all financial needs of USWDP Programs with degree managers;
• Keep records of internal finances and initiate procurement paperwork as needed;
• Maintain matrix relation with degree programs management and university partnership team;
• Liaise with stakeholders (Housing Faculties, Steering Committee and the Career Center staff);
• Support the organization of program events such as trainings, seminars, and conferences;
• Database creation and updating database for the records of USWDP new Programs students. Liaise with USWDP for minutes of Steering Committee meetings;
• Follow up of degree program-related letters in the Chancery at faculty levels;
• Report on weekly basis and maintain regular communication by email and mobile phone;
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Key qualifications of the Program Officer include:
• Bachelor Degree (graduate degree preferred) in Business Administration, Economics and Education.
• Minimum of four years of relevant work experience with public universities in higher education.
• Applied knowledge of evaluation design as well as the collection and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data, particularly in the field of higher education.
• Knowledge of political and social context of Afghanistan and the higher education system.
• Computer skills, including Excel and MS word packages.
• Knowledge and experience of USAID funded programs and regulations.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English and Dari (Pashto fluency preferred).
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills, teamwork, and leadership.
• Well organized, able to manage multiple tasks.
• Capable of working independently with minimal supervision but skillful in collaborating and coordinating with other program staff and partners.
Afghanistan - Nangarhar
Bachelors Degree, Programme
1. Please Indicate the position title, vacancy number in the subject line otherwise your application will not be considered.
2. Please include names and contacts for three references.
3. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
USWDP is an equal job opportunity employer and female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Commercial Law Procedures STTA at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant (INL Interdiction) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|