Field Coordinator (Emergency WASH)(1086 Views)
DACAAR is a non governmental, humanitarian organization that supports sustainable development in Afghanistan through promoting the ability of local communities to decide upon and manage their own development process. The organisation employs around 900 staff of whom 5 are expatriates. Core thematic areas are: Water, Sanitation & Hygiene; Natural Resource Management; Small Scale Enterprise Development; Women’s Empowerment.-
The Position holder will be part of the Middle Management Team in DACAAR, assisting ERM Project Manager in managing DACAAR's ERM WASH on a day-to-day basis. The position holder reports to the ERM Project Manager and works closely together with this position, as well as the Head of Programme & Operations Manager. The Position holder will assist in leading 10 ERM Team Leaders working across 27 provinces where DACAAR’s ERM Project operates. S/he has the responsibility to ensure that ERM Project managed DACAAR is implemented according to ERM Common Rationale and in line with donor standard and requirements.
The Position holder is broadly engaged with ERM Project Manager to assist in day-to-day programme management, team management, strategy and design. Further, the s/he plays a vital coordinating role in providing on-time oversight and support to the field offices especially DACAAR ERM Field Team. In the time of acute and big scale emergency, s/he may be deployed to the province in order to support assessment and/or response implemented by DACAAR ERM Field Team
|Date Posted:||24 May 2018||Reference:||PS-015/2018|
|Closing Date:||14 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||859 to 859 USD|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Specific Tasks and Responsibilities:
• The Position holder will assist Emergency WASH Manager to fulfill the following
• Specific responsibilities:
• Under the guidance of the Emergency WASH Manager, Field Coordinator will assist in the implementation of the emergency programs and the achievement of DACAAR’s objectives.
• Review UNHCR, OCHA and WASH Cluster report and research documents and coordinate with Regional Managers to stay alert on emergency cases.
• Assist Emergency WASH Advisor and Emergency WASH Manager to prepare DACAAR Emergency WASH Intervention Guidelines.
• Under the guidance of Emergency WASH Manager, participate and involve in training delivery and relevant coaching to ERM Field Team in order to improve ERM Project implemented by DACAAR.
• In coordination with Emergency WASH Manager, Emergency WASH Adviser, Operations Manager and/or Head of Programme, provide a punctual support to ERM Field Team, this including guidance and solution for bottleneck issues.
• In the situation of acute and/or big emergency, Field Coordinator should be ready to prepare her/his prompt support, this include availability to be deployed in short notice.
• Provide active support in ensuring that all emergency response items are ready and stored in strategic located warehouses.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager in planning project implementation including technical activity, financial and procurement planning as well as preparation, implementation and coordination of monitoring and evaluation activities including logistical, HR and financial aspects.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager in managing and monitoring project implementation to ensure that activities are implemented on timely manner and according to DACAAR’s standard and donor’s requirements.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager to develop timely quality project reports according to donor requirements and DACAAR’s guidelines.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager in coordinating all emergency WASH projects activities carried out in all field locations ensuring that activities are in accordance to strategy and being implemented on schedule and according to the approved plans.
• Update all Emergency WASH related regional level meeting minutes for the records and reference to prepare a new action plan.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager in making sure that the emergency WASH materials are procured with good quality in coordination with Technical Unit and Logistic Unit.
• Conduct regular supervision of emergency WASH activities in the targeted areas where DACAAR’s ERM Project is implemented.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager to manage and monitor all DACAAR WASH related warehouses to ensure that our materials stocks are safe and sufficient. Monitor the inventory and report to the PM and Emergency WASH Advisor on existing situation and request on time if needs to top up.Cooperate with the Regional Managers and other relevant partners and local authorities on emergency issues.
• Assist Emergency WASH Manager in preparing monthly reports on WASH project activities, including documentation for final handover and closure of projects.
• Besides the above responsibilities, Field Coordinator have a responsibility to accomplish any other relevant tasks given by ERM WASH Manager, Operations Manager, and/or Head of Programme.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good training opportunities to enhance employees’ skills
• Severance pay: one month salary per year of service
• 24 days of paid annual leave per year
• 10 days of paid sick leave per year
• 2 days weekend
• 30 days of paid Hajj leave (after the completion of one year service)
• 90 days of paid maternity leave for female employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 5 days of paid paternity leave for male employees(after the completion of three months service)
• 15 days of public holidays per year
• Transportation allowance AFN (1500)/ month.
Education/ Qualification and Employment Benefits
Education: Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience in Emergency WASH related projects.
Other qualifications’ an advantage:
• Ability in team working, Management skills and ability to properly planning, Organizing and implementing
Languages: Pashto/Dari & English
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a DACAAR Job Application Form along with introduction letter and CV online to bellow mentioned or a Hard copy to HR Department in DACAAR main office Kabul.
• Applications without DACAAR Job Application Form will not be considered.
• DACAAR job application form can be obtained from; DACAAR website www.dacaar.org/, acbar website www.acbar.org/; jobs.af website www.jobs.af / and DACAAR Main Office kabul.
• Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted and called for the written test/ interview.
• The salary would be paid in AFN according to the actual exchange rate.
DACAAR is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all sections of the society. While all applicants will be strictly assessed on their individual merit, qualified women, people with disabilities and members of minority communities are especially encouraged to apply.
Kabul Office Address:
DACAAR, Main Office, Paikob-e-Naswar, Wazirabad, Kabul, Afghanistan
Postal address: Central P.O. Box 208, Kabul, Afghanistan
Phone: (+93) 0202230752/ (+93) 0202230753
Web site: www.dacaar.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant Site Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|Oil & Gas Chemical Engineer at Bayat Group||Jawzjan||21 Jun 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||03 Jul 2018|
|Radio Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|National QC Specialist for QC Department of P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|National Contract Management Specialist for P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Herat||02 Jul 2018|
|Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region .. at Ministery of Energy an..||Daikondi||02 Jul 2018|
|Internship at DABS||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Resident Engineer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (TH..||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2018|
|Site Engineer at Afghanaid||Samangan||21 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Engineer (Structures) at Aziz Group||Badakhshan||23 Jun 2018|
|Topographic Survey Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic survey assistant at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Social and Resettlement Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydro-Mechanical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydrologist at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Geotechnical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Senior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Junior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Environmental Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Electro-Mechanical / Instrumentation Engineer at Imrani Energy Constructi..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Hydro-Mechanical at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Electro-Mechanical and Instru.. at Imrani Energy Construc..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Civil at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Drafter at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Bayat Group||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|