Communication & Public Outreach Expert(948 Views)
About NSDP | MOLSAMD
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) is a National Priority Program (NPP) established after the April 2004 Berlin announcement made by H.E. President Karzai. The overall goal of the NSDP is to contribute to the socio-economic recovery of Afghanistan through building a national Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) system which is responsive to labor market needs and which provides Afghans with the knowledge and skills for decent work.
The NSDP has a Steering Committee consists of 9 relevant Ministries with the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD) designated as a lead Ministry. The NSDP operates as a self-contained entity as a National Priority Program of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan; mainly financed from the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) through the Ministry of Finance, and the World Bank and other funding agencies.
After the recent and successful implementation of the World Bank-funded Afghanistan Skills Development Project (ASDP), the Bank intends to support NSDP/MOLSAMD through a new project called the Non-formal Approach to Training, Education and jobs in Afghanistan (NATEJA).
The NATEJA project will focus on increasing access to non-formal technical and vocational training for the unskilled and semi-skilled, young, illiterate, Afghan women and men. This will be achieved by providing them with market relevant practical skills to improve their potential for wage and/ or self-employment and higher earnings, and building other livelihoods-support skills. The project will also improve labor market outcomes by enhancing the quality of training delivery through performance-linked financial incentives, and will use non-formal training providers and employers to train the unskilled and illiterate individuals.
The Project Development Objective is “to increase the potential for employment and higher earnings of targeted young Afghan women and men in rural and semi-urban areas through non-formal skills training”
The National Skills Development Program (NSDP) within the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled (MOLSAMD), will implement the project.
The Communication & Public Outreach Expert facilitates the management of the overall Communication and information Management including the day today affairs of public outreach activities in MoLSAMD. The Communication & Public Outreach Expert will report to MoLSAMD-Deputy Minister for Admin & Finance and liaises the public outreach activities with communication unit of the MoLSAMD public outreach team and its relevant sub units:
|Date Posted:||28 May 2018||Reference:||MoF/NATEJA/NSDP/Communication & Public Outreach Expert|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Media||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 5 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and elaboration of communications needs assessments for MoLSAMD projects and find out the linkages between the projects and overall MoLSAMD’s communication activities.
- Elaboration of the developmental projects communication strategy in compliance with the overall MoLSAMD strategy under the direct supervision of Deputy Minister for admin & finance based on the corporate communications strategy of the Ministry.
- Constructive and timely advice on inclusion of communications on Activities of project/program formulations to integrate advocacy and communication strategies into all aspects of the projects/programs development activities.
- Elaboration and implementation of the projects publications strategy and plan based on the corporate publications policy of the Ministry; and contribute to the development and expansion of the projects as well as MoLSAMD communication strategy.
- Identification and development of storylines for publications and substantive articles contributing to debates on key development issues.
- Coordination and management of all the projects & Ministry publication activities, including content management, norms for publishing, design, liaison with printing presses and other suppliers to oversee production and supervision of publications dissemination.
- Supervise the design and maintenance of the ministry website in close coordination with the projects Communication and public outreach units IT/MIS teams as well as the communications team of the Ministry, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Design of the Ministry websites based on corporate requirements in cooperation with the Information Technology experts of MoLSMAD.
- Supervision and preparation of the content for the websites ensuring consistency of the materials.
- Creation and promotion of campaigns to local and regional media that positions the projects and influences the development agenda based on current programs and new initiatives of MoLSAMD.
- Management, promotion and dissemination of corporate advocacy materials for launching flagship initiatives and publications of the different projects of MoLSAMD.
- Creation, promotion and maintenance of public information campaigns on the projects activities, results of developmental projects and strategies of ministry.
- Conducting promotional material and activities to position MoLSAMD's projects at national level.
- Increasing coverage and understanding of the Ministry & projects work in the country through development and maintenance of media contacts and providing newsworthy information to national public, international agencies and the donors.
- Development and maintenance of close contacts with government officials, multilateral and bilateral donors, civil society and private sector for implementation of the Ministry and it's projects communications strategy, organization of roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, launches, etc.
- Ensuring access for journalists to subject matter experts.
- Preparing and dissemination of regular newsletter to donors, donor reports, community awareness where appropriate to support projects.
- Effective responding to inquiries for public information materials.
- Innovative and creative solutions to sensitive or corporately strategic public communications issues.
- Any other job related tasks assigned by the Deputy Minister for Admin and Finance or his designee.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Ability to speak read and write excellent Dari/Pashto and English, and produce reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
Ability to interact with senior Management and administrative staff in the Ministry
Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations & Good quantitative skills and computer literate
Good knowledge of local media and public outreach practices
Effective Communication management skills
Effective Project Management Skills
Effective Knowledge transfer and Capacity Building Skills
Good Knowledge of working with people and representing the ministry.
Ability to work in critical situation and be able to manage conflicts
Effective organizational and management skills
Be able to communicate effectively both in the written and oral mode
Be culturally sensitive and possess good interpersonal skills
Be a self-starter and be able to work without supervision
Be well organized, reliable and able to deliver quality outcomes on time
Possess critical thinking and analytical skills
At least 5 years of experience in the media related activities with at least a Bachelors degree from a reputable university in the areas of Journalism, media Management, English literature People Management. Previous experience in donor funded development projects, UN agencies of other INGO's are required, or in the public or the private sector would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interest candidates should submit their applications, in writing, to the National Skills Development Program (NSDP), Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs, Martyrs and Disabled located in first Macroryan, Kabul, or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the VA number and the title of the post applied for) to:
Note: The female candidates are highly encourage.
|More jobs in this category|
|IP Broadcast Headend Engineer at AFGHANISTAN BROADCASTING SYSTEM||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|