Program Officer(896 Views)
About Center for Civilians in Conflict
Center for Civilians in Conflict’s mission is to improve protection for civilians caught in conflicts around the world. We call on and advise international organizations, governments, militaries, and armed non-state actors to adopt and implement policies, tools, and training to prevent civilian harm. When civilians are harmed we advocate for the provision of amends and post-harm assistance. We bring the voices of civilians themselves to those making decisions affecting their lives.
CIVIC is seeking highly qualified applicants for the position of Program Officer, Afghanistan who will be an integral part of the CIVIC country program team reporting to the Afghanistan Country Director and works closely with other staff members in Afghanistan and at HQ.
Trainings and engagement with Afghan security forces, government, and civil society members.
|Date Posted:||02 Jun 2018||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||15 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Engage with Ministry of Defense, Ministry of Interior, Afghan National Security Forces (ANSF);
• Conduct mid-term and or final assessment of trainees’ knowledge and processes for civilian protection, as well as ongoing monitoring and evaluation of program activities against approved plan;
• Schedule trainings and establish and maintain relationship with commanders for planned trainings and seek opportunities for follow up assessment and new trainings;
• Develop and provide input on existing training materials as necessary;
• Write relevant briefing papers as necessary;
• Undertake trainings and facilitation workshops with ASNF, civil society, and community leaders as outlined in work plan;
• Identify new opportunities for advocacy and trainings;
• Establish and maintain relationship with local government officials and civil society organizations;
• Represent CIVIC with NGO and international organizations and government stakeholders and promote effective collaborations and partnerships;
• Support the Country Director in implementing activities in accordance with approved work plan, inclusive of activity objectives and timelines;
• Perform other duties as required to further the organization’s mission and goals in Afghanistan.
• Experience in security force training and participatory facilitation preferred;
• Knowledge about the ANSF preferred;
• Knowledge, experience, and understanding of civilian protection issues in armed conflict and understanding of the military/civilian/humanitarian spaces;
• Proven ability to think analytically and plan strategically, including setting objectives and identifying and capitalizing on opportunities for our work;
• Poise, flexibility, discretion, and mature judgment to handle and respond appropriately and professionally in a fast-paced, high-pressure atmosphere and as a team member;
• Well organized, self-motivated, and able to conceptualize and implement programs in stressful environments;
• Experience in representing organizations in sensitive political and security environments;
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• B.A. in international affairs, political science, or related area; MA preferred.
• Minimum 7-10 years relevant full-time staff level work experience;
• Passion for CIVIC’s subject matter and willingness to take on the responsibilities and duties as a key member of our team; and
• Fluency in English and Dari mandatory.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Please submit your resume through email to below email
Resumes are reviewed on a rolling basis so please apply early.
|More jobs in this category|
|Commercial Law Procedures STTA at Checchi and Company Consulting, Inc.||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Program Assistant (INL Interdiction) at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|JOB PLACEMENT OFFICER at DAI||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|