Juvenile Justice Advisor(1062 Views)
About Tetra Tech - JSSP
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions.The program has the following four sections:
*Case Management System Development
*Legislative Capacity Building
*Organizational Capacity Building
*Monitoring and Evaluation
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Juvenile Justice Advisor position for Legislative Capacity Building (LCB) section under the supervision of LCB-GCHR Team Lead.
|Date Posted:||04 Jun 2018||Reference:||VA 18-019|
|Closing Date:||14 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Afghanistan Ministry of Justice Directors of the Rights (Huquq), Government Cases, and Taqnin Departments in developing plans and projects to perform their functions and strengthen communications between central, provincial and district offices
• Assist the Afghanistan Ministry of Justice Juvenile Rehabilitation, Huquq, Government Cases, and Taqnin Departments, in coordination with the Administration Department, in planning and implementing the National Justice Sector Strategy and the National Justice Program to include the Afghanistan Justice Sector Reform Project
• Supervise Afghan advisors
• Identify needs within the assigned departments, in conjunction with the Afghan advisors
• Help to organize donor efforts in coordination with the Afghanistan Ministry of Justice Policy and Planning Department to support activities in the Huquq, Government Cases, and Taqnin Departments
• Coordinate with other organizations on juvenile justice law and alternatives to incarceration/detention
• Assist in filing reports for activities and accomplishments on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis, or as otherwise assigned by the Section Leader and COT
• Assist in writing the work plans, reports, project documents, technical proposals, terms of reference, personnel evaluations, and statements of work
• Develop training materials on juvenile justice law and regulation, as well as on alternatives to incarceration/detention, as appropriate
• Maintain current knowledge of National Strategy for Children in Conflict with the Law, the Letter of Agreement, the Comprehensive Child Act, Afghan Penal Code and Procedure Code, and other Afghan national programs designed to improve justice and protection for children
• Develop capacity of JSSP local national colleagues
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Section Lead, Technical Director, Deputy Chief of Team-Advisors and Chief of Team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
• Minimum five years of professional experience working on juvenile justice issues
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in law or advanced degree in relevant field
• Experience working with government ministries and justice institutions, and provincial and district governments
• Understanding of international juvenile justice standards and best practices
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing training courses on juvenile justice law and regulations, and alternatives to incarceration/detention preferred
• Experience working with and drafting reports for international donor projects
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Legal
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than June 14, 2018. The subject line must be (Juvenile Justice Advisor - VA 18-019), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
• Updated CV
• Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Defense Lawyer (Female) at ILF-A||Kandahar||24 Aug 2018|
|Legal Advisor at GPI||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Staff Attorney at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|