Head of Technical Unit(820 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Electronic National ID Card (eNID) project is a major e.Gov initiative started by MCIT in 2010.Electronic National ID Card system will serve as one of the major pillars of e-Government in Afghanistan and scale up the efficiency of the government in providing services to citizens, paving the ground for change in the national, social and administrative environment by laying the infrastructure to extract concise, timely and relevant information. This project is jointly implemented by MCIT & ACCRA.
MCIT intends to hire a Head of Technical Unit; the objective of this assignment is to support e-NID project in the Technical areas under the project
|Date Posted:||04 Jun 2018||Reference:||MCIT - ENID - 004|
|Closing Date:||15 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create a successful technical project plan for successful execution and implementation of project.
2. Review the functional system, documentation, security infrastructure, data quality strategies and integration services of current system and provide recommendations for improvements.
3. Manage technical team in most efficient and effective approach, and by motivating, inspiring and mentoring technical team.
4. Establishment of disaster recovery plan and implementation.
5. Manage stakeholder’s expectations by providing solutions with highest level of standards and best software practices.
6. Implementing strategies so that the current network system could scale with increase in number of users and duty stations.
7. Continuously monitor system performance, optimization, uptime and security.
8. Make sure data are stored/replicated and monitored in most efficient way.
9. Providing timely reports on implementation and progress of project.
10. Initiate purchase order and manage the overall Procurement status of required software tools for the department.
11. Provide guidance on current strength, weakness, growth opportunities of current information system infrastructure.
12. Performance evaluation of technical team.
• Excellent knowledge of Transactions and database backups.
• Excellent knowledge of Replication, mirroring, always on, clustering.
• Strong knowledge of RAID Configuration
• Excellent knowledge of T-sql, plsql
• Very good knowledge of encryption mechanism, ssl and security best practices.
• Good knowledge of IIS, Apache, Configuration management.
• Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming in (C#, JAVA or any other high-level programming language).
• Excellent knowledge of system integration and tools SSIS, power BI.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and strong organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent data analytics and reporting skills.
• Excellent project management skills, PMP certification preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong Negotiation/Delegation Skills.
• Industry Certification MUST (CISCO/ORACLE/LINUX).
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Application or Information Technology is required.
• 10 years of proven working experience in IT management or relevant experience.
• Excellent knowledge in all areas of SDLC.
• Very good Knowledge of Agile Methodology.
• Good knowledge of SolarWinds or other network monitoring tools.
• Good knowledge of database performance tuning, optimization.
• Practical experience on implementation of high availability, disaster recovery using operating system and database infrastructure.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a non-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Administrator – Part-time at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Database Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Infrastructure Administrator at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|