Dari/Pashto – English Translator(1084 Views)
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 280 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad).
As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
The Translator will be responsible for the overall translation of NETLINKS documents from English to Dari/Pashto and from Dari/Pashto to English. He/she shall also do English to Dari/Pashto and Dari/Pashto to English interpretation in meetings and events.
|Date Posted:||05 Jun 2018||Reference:||Translator-652018|
|Closing Date:||14 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Translation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Translating documents and project materials from English into Dari or Pashto and vice versa, when required.
• Checking translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure they are accurate.
• Reviewing materials, i.e. legal documents, and scientific works, as well as editing them following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation.
• Compiling information such as technical terms used in military settings.
• The translator must be able to write sentences that maintain or duplicate the structure, and style of the original meaning while keeping the ideas and facts of the original meaning accurate.
• Translators must properly transmit any cultural references, including slang, and other expressions that do not translate literally.
• The work involves engaging with government employees, therefore the translator must have the ability to interpret from Dari/Pashto into English.
• The translator must have the ability and cultural understanding necessary to interpret in all three languages without changing the fundamental meaning of the message.
• Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for legal terminology and words used.
• Write, review, edit, proofread and format official documentation and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity, and consistency of documents.
• Participate in the meetings, take minutes and translate in English or in Dari and/or Pashto if required.
• File all translated documents properly in both hard and soft copy.
• Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the supervisor.
• Organizational and prioritization skills.
• Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Email, Internet)
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in literature or related field.
• At least three (3) years of experience as Dari/Pashto- English translator.
• Knowledge of terminologies in legal settings and/or extensive subject matter knowledge in this field.
• Ability to write and verbally communicate fluently in English, Pashto, and Dari.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Interested candidates should send their CV via e-mail to the following email clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!