Technical Evaluation Specialist(524 Views)
About Agricultural Development Fund
he Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) is a standalone government owned financial institution with the fundamental purpose of making credit available to the agriculture sector. The target clientele of the ADF includes small commercial farmers. As well as agribusinesses engaged in distribution of agricultural inputs, producers of high-value crops, processors and exporters of agricultural products. ADF functions as a wholesale lender, channeling credit through financial and non-financial institutions. Agricultural credit provided by the ADF is enabling farmers and other players in the agriculture sector to put in practice modern production, processing and market development practices acquired in the last decade.
The Agricultural Technical Evaluation Specialist will coordinate with the ADF Lending Team and will interact with MAIL Office in Southern Region. Also he/she will create coordination with all implementers of value chain activities in the Southern Region with the specific intention of minimizing duplication and redundancy as related to programming activities. The Technical Evaluation Specialist will provide technical support to clients and potential clients of the ADF; plus support ADF staff in achieving value chain development goals. The Technical Evaluation Specialist will contribute to the overall success of the implementation of value chain activities in support to ADF clients.
|Date Posted:||05 Jun 2018||Reference:||ADF-007|
|Closing Date:||17 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Works as a member of the ADF Technical Services Team in close coordination with the Lending Team and counterparts to evaluate, analyze, offer assessments and recommendations relative to the processing of Loan Applications from ADF’s clients, ensuring to maximizing the impact of resources provided to ADF as related to value chain development.
• Collaborates in the provision of technical assistance to ADF clients, ensuring the quality of the assistance that contributes to successful business ventures and enabling clients to comply with their credit obligations. Strong focus is on the development of Marketing Strategies, Business Plans and Investment plans.
• Along with ADF team counterparts, achieve deliverable as defined within the ADF annual work plans.
• Coordinates with ADF team members, MAIL counterparts and (partnering) value chain implementers as related to special events, training programs and demonstrations.
• Designs VC upgrading strategies, addressing production, processing and marketing priorities.
• Keep well apprised of new technology, trends and information internationally and nationally.
• Supports the ADF’s compliance to national and international environmental, food and health safety standards and any associated reporting
• Other tasks as required by the Technical Evaluation Manager.
• Experience supporting the technical development of agriculture value chains, especially horticulture, poultry and livestock. Strong knowledge of production conditions and structure of the field production in the South Region.
• Able to work with framers organizations and private agribusiness in developing marketing plans, business planning, including the training for these actors.
• Experience in links with regional government authorities such as DAILs and NGOs operating agricultural and livestock programs in the Region.
• A University degree or higher in Agriculture.
• Two years of working experience in agricultural value chains development in Afghanistan.
• Fluent English, excellent Dari and Pashto.
• Good command of English Language Reports from the field activities.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
All Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF - 007) in the subject line before closing date to the below email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior Technical Specialist (GIS/ MIS) at MAIL/CBARD||Kabul||31 Aug 2018|
|Technician/ Electrician at National Democratic Institute for Internationa..||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Clinic Engineer at Afghan Cyber ISP/ICT Company||Kabul||08 Sep 2018|