Public Nutrition Advocacy Officer(633 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
To support the Public Nutrition Department within the Ministry of Public Health to improve the governance of nutrition in Afghanistan, support the revision of policies and coordination mechanisms and raise the profile of PND within MoPH:
- Policy analysis of existing policies and guidelines
- Development of public nutrition advocacy and communications strategy
- Build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Explore several approaches to increase coverage of nutrition activities and strengthen sustainable nutrition implementation mechanisms
|Date Posted:||06 Jun 2018||Reference:||Advocacy_01|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||85658 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Mission 1: Support the revision of policies, guidelines and coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy to scale up nutrition in Afghanistan:
• Collect and consolidate nutrition and health data from different sources including HMIS, nutrition database, nutrition surveillance, nutrition cluster and any assessment reports to support advocacy and communications activities
• Conduct a policy analysis of existing nutrition policies and guidelines and issue recommendations as to the needed policy changes
• Develop and implement, along with the PND ream and other relevant stakeholders (e.g. Nutrition Cluster) a Public Nutrition Advocacy and Communications strategy
• Conduct nutrition advocacy events according to the above strategy and PND`s nutrition strategic plan.
• To explore several approaches for increasing the coverage of facility and community based nutrition activities.
• To explore several approaches on strengthening sustainable nutrition implementation mechanism.
Mission 2: Support capacity building within the Public Nutrition Department to ensure sustainability of advocacy within the department.
• To map all available resources for Nutrition communication and advocacy within PND.
• Facilitate Advocacy workshop(s) with PND team and other relevant stakeholders
Mission 3: Raise the profile of the Public Nutrition Department by supporting meaningful participation in external relations and coordination with respective nutrition stakeholders.
• Participate actively in meetings on nutrition and health both inside and when necessary outside the country and provide necessary input in line with pre-defined advocacy messages.
• Develop communication strategy for PND for the promotion of nutrition in Afghanistan.
• Establish, lead and organize the coordination and advocacy working group within the frame of MOPH-PND
• Develop working relationships with MoPH-HP department and all relevant stakeholders to support nutrition advocacy and communications activities.
• Coordinate with UNICEF and PND on Nutrition promotion strategy and other areas relevant to scaling up Nutrition in Afghanistan.
• Collaborate with other nutrition component representatives (including IYCF, Micronutrients, IMAM, growth monitoring and surveillance) for strengthening nutrition interventions.
- Excellent computer skills, specially data analyses software and Microsoft Office Suit
- Excellent communication, lobbying and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal fluency in English, Pashtu and Dari
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to summarize multiple sources of data into clearly understandable key messages and recommendations.
- Independent, critical mind and pro-activity
- Flexibility and organization
- Ability to work with a team
- MD, preferably with bachelor degree in nutrition and/or public health with a focus on nutrition
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in the field of public nutrition
- Proven advocacy experience
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Public Relations
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
(1) Shar e Naw, Herate Mosque Street, House , KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not receive a reply to your application within 2 months, your file has not been shortlisted. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, because we receive a very large number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will receive an explanation as to why their applications were ultimately unsuccessful upon request
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||25 Aug 2018|
|Routine immunization Project Manager at IFRC||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Multi-sectoral Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|CBHC Provincial Officer (Kandahar) at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kandahar||29 Aug 2018|
|Radiographer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Pharmacy Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Khost||15 Aug 2018|
|دکتور سونولوجیست at Mehraban Hospital||Herat||31 Aug 2018|
|MARKETING / SALES Laboratory Products at DK - German Medical Diagnostic C..||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Vital Statistics Officer at World Health Organization||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|
|District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue.. at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Multi Cities||14 Aug 2018|