Program Specialist CBM-Schools(995 Views)
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 50 staff members and 1400 volunteers. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Badakhshan, Balkh, Bamyan, Ghor, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa, Logar, Nangarhar, Parwan, Panjshir, Samangan, and Wardak.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
The Community Based Monitoring of School (CBM-S) Program was initiated in July 2014 in order to bring more coordination between communities and public education authorities, increase transparency and accountability in schools, enhance the quality of education services through collaborative information sharing and problem solving by community members. The aim of this program is to make officials more responsive, encourage communities to support education sector and advocate for policy change at local and national levels. Currently, this program is active in 7 provinces and 110 public schools.
|Date Posted:||06 Jun 2018||Reference:||020/18|
|Closing Date:||17 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Specialist CBM-S leads the education portfolio at Integrity Watch Afghanistan. (S)he is mainly responsible for the program management, stakeholders relations, capacity building and knowledge management in target provinces. (S)he facilitates mobilizing communities, developing training materials, organizing social awareness events, monitoring schools, conducting coordination meetings and resolving identified problems. (S)he handles the relationship with government, partner organizations, donor agencies and advocacy networks. Main duties and responsibilities are as follow:
• Facilitate means to assist communities in establishing processes by which they can elect community representatives to become Integrity Volunteers
• Mentor the provincial teams and volunteers in provinces to meet extensively the community members and record observation about education services in the target schools
• Follow up activities and regularly attend meetings at district and provincial levels
• Monitor data entry process, verify entered data and make sure that the database is reflecting accurate and in-time field data
• Participate in drafting of policy, proposals and program briefs
• Prepare program work plans and budget forecasts
• Write activity, management and donor reports of program activities;
• Facilitate establishment of strong relationships with local stakeholders (including CDCs, communities, local government and civil societies) in the under coverage provinces
• Participate in designing and conducting CBM-S related advocacy and communications activities in line with strategic objectives and policies
• Explore and participate in the development of partnerships with likeminded civil society organizations
• Hold regular meetings with Ministry of Education, donor meetings, IWA provincial offices and schools, as required
• Maintain good relations with donors and Afghan authorities at the program level
• Any other program management related tasks, as required
• Design and conduct program-related training needs assessment
• Provide training to program and provincial staff to improve performance and utilizing effectives practices
• Providing inputs to program and provincial staff on the use of performance indicators and evaluations to reflect progress toward program outcomes and impacts;
• Manage processes and learning material creation for educating volunteers and various stakeholders on monitoring skills and techniques
• Develop systems for capturing, organising and developing information, knowledge and stories from staff, members, partners and the people we work with.
• Create and implement effective organisational tools for evaluating, assessing and communicating the impact of our work and the difference we make.
• Contribute to strategic review, planning, and development of the program as a whole.
• Encourage the staff and workers to share knowledge effectively and efficiently
Fluency in English, Pashtu and Dari
Office Package “MS. Office, MS. Excel, Power Point”; Internet, Outlook;
• Should be able to work as a team and independently;
• Should have analytical skill;
• Should be able to resolve problems;
• Possess a high level of motivation and strong work ethic
• Must hold at least a bachelor degree in education, pedagogical sciences, social sciences, public administration, management or any other related fields. Master’s in education or management would be given preference.
• Hold at least 3-5 years’ of experience in management of research education related projects
• Experience in proposal development, donor report writing and budget management is required.
• Experience with educational, community and volunteer organizations is highly preferred;
Knowledge, expertise and capabilities
• Be motivated to bring change to the education system in Afghanistan
• Have a good knowledge of the aid community and civil society;
• Have a basic knowledge of the anti-corruption, transparency and accountability, social audit and access to information;
• Hold good knowledge of finance, budget tracking and planning
• Excellent oral and written communication in English, speak Dari and Pashto;
• Be a strong and confident communicator and presenter;
• Be able to network and establish professional relationships with ease;
• Be willing and able to build strong relationships with community members in target provinces as well as public officials of all levels;
• Be open to accepting direction and guidance from supervisors;
• Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from different cultures and professional backgrounds
• Able to work independently and efficiently.
• Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
• Able to commit to at least one year;
• Willing to work overtime, holidays and weekends as requested by IWA management
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relates to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to below mentioned email In the e-mail subject line please write “Program Specialist – CBM-S” and your name.
The deadline for applications is April 14, 2017. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Subject Specialist (Islamiat Jafari, Pashto 2.. at Ministry of Education ..||Kabul||29 Jan 2019|
|Teacher at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|مدیر مکتب at مکتب خصوصی مشق||Kabul||30 Jan 2019|
|Oxford English Teacher at Afghanistan International School||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|EFL Instructor (Part-time) at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|BBA Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|استاد اقتصاد، حقوق وعلوم.. at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|