System Administrator(1183 Views)
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solutions provider company in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 280 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad).
As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems. He/she needs to be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly and required to be available to respond to help desk requests after office hours. He/she will be responsible to maintain virtualized environment and must be familiar with Oracle and VMware virtualization also he will be responsible to monitor backup jobs and backups retention.
|Date Posted:||09 Jun 2018||Reference:||SA-692018|
|Closing Date:||18 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Install and maintain all server hardware and software systems and administer all server performance and ensure availability for same
• Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
• Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
• Perform daily backup, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media or disks.
• Generate, integrate and maintain SSL certificate for the web server.
• Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary. OS patching skills on UNIX ( Linux or Solaris).
• Create, monitor and maintain jobs through cron table.
• Provide scripts to automate tasks in Linux environment.
• Manage virtualized servers hosted by VMware and Oracle Virtualization.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts as required.
• Apply OS and hypervisors patches update or upgrades if require on a regular basis.
• The System Administrator is also responsible to perform any other relevant tasks and duties assigned by his/her supervisor/s.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• At least Bachelors’ degree in Computer Sciences or other relevant disciplines.
• Systems Administration/System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft MCSA/MCSE, RHCSA/RHCE or LPIC-1/LPIC-2.
• Extensive experience with virtualization specially in Oracle virtualization and VMware.
• Excellent knowledge about the Linux system files, boot process and Run levels.
• Ability to recommend, plan and implement server infrastructure solutions.
• 4 years’ of work experience in system administration.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested candidates should send their CV via e-mail to the following email clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|PMIS Senior Specialist (software developer) at National Procurement Autho..||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Senior QA Engineer at NETLINKS||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Software Engineer/Programmer at First Rate Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|