Site Engineer(943 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
Under the supervision of the Field project coordinator, the Site Engineer will be responsible for implementation of all engineering activities in the field such as survey, design, implementation, monitoring and community capacity building
Made of payment:
Afghanaid will pay the payments on monthly base according to actual working days through bank transfer.
Accommodation and transportation;
Afghanaid will provide the accommodation in Samangan province.
Afghanaid will provide transportation from Kabul to Samangan.
Afghanaid will provide transportation from office to project site in Ruy Doab district.
|Date Posted:||10 Jun 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-33|
|Closing Date:||21 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct technical supervision of field project coordinator, He/She will be accomplishing the following key responsibilities.
• To manage irrigation canal in Samangan province
• To support contractor on Designation, Estimation and implementation.
• Undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site Management.
• Project monitoring and supervision in Samangan province.
• To do quality control of construction materials in Samangan province.
• Supervise technical activities in Samangan province.
• Regular and timely Projects progress reporting to field project coordinator.
• Assessing the potential risks of irrigation canal, as well as undertaking risk management.
• Produce detail and documentations for the construction of irrigation canals and implementation of projects.
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
• Preparation of PR, quotation for procurement of project materials.
• To assess field staff on irrigation canal procurements.
• To prepare irrigation canals completion reports.
• To provide training to communities how to maintain the irrigation canals.
• To properly handover irrigation canal to the related communities.
• Any other task, assigned by line manager.
At least Bachelor degree from civil department.
5 years prior experience in NSP or community based projects.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
• Commitment to humanitarian principles.
• Familiarity with development Projects
• Ability to articulate ideas in a clear and concise manner
• Able to communicate in local languages.
• Familiarity with computer programme such as Auto CAD, Word and Excel
• Team player – ability to work within a team where members depend on each other to get work done.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a) Ability to work with limited supervision
b) Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations
c) Behavioural role model for peers and fellow team members
d) Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
e) A results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities in personal workload,
f) Excellent communication skill
g) Sensitivity to gender issues.
h) Fluent in local language (written and oral).
i) Personal integrity, sense of humour, intuition and self-motivation
j) Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses
k) Active listener
Afghanistan - Samangan
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please email a covering letter of application and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 21 Jun 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than one standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references including your current employer. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Engineering Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Structural Engineer at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Proposal Writer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Cost Estimation Engineer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|