IT Manager(1559 Views)
About Afghan Red Crescent Society
The Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) was founded in April 1934. It traces its origins to the Naderia Orphanage, with the purpose of helping orphans and those in need. In October 1951, the society adopted its constitution, which articulated democratic provisions for membership, elections at central, provincial and local branches, and managing board. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is one of the two main partners of the ARCS, establishing its delegation in Afghanistan in 1991. Although limited in terms of organizational capacity in recent years, the organization and activities of the ARCS covers territory throughout the country, with active branches in all provinces.
The Fundamental Principles are an expression of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement’s values and practices.They guarantee the continuity of the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement and its humanitarian work.
1) Humanity 2) Impartiality 3) Neutrality 4) Independence 5) Voluntary service 6) Unity 7) Universality
The IT manager is a "Bast 2" position and will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of Afghan Red Crescent Society computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines. The IT manager will supervise the implementation and maintenance of Afghan Red Crescent Society’s computing needs.
General responsibilities include :
• Managing information technology and computer systems
• Controlling and evaluating IT and electronic data operations
• Managing IT staff
|Date Posted:||10 Jun 2018||Reference:||ARCS/2018/001|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage information technology and computer systems
• Plan, organize, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
• Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
• Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
• Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
• Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
• Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
• Audit systems and assess their outcomes
• Preserve assets, information security and control structures
• Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
• Control and monitor the central servers of the Afghan Red Crescent Society to prevent influence and to take the necessary measures to ensure better security.
• Make sure that IT department provides on time technical support to Navision Users as well as electronic attendance.
• To draft IT policy and procedures in alignment with ARCS strategy
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
• Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration, network security and network installation.
• Fluent in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
• Having knowledge about data centre management and data governance.
• Being familier with electronic attendance and Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) systems.
• Proven 4 years of working experience as an IT manager or relevant positions.
• BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, IT
Qualified candidates can send their CVs in the below email ID or hard copy to the ARCS headquarter in Qargha road, District 5.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the test and interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Administrator – Part-time at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Database Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Infrastructure Administrator at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|