Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialist for MoMP/PPG Project(555 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
The Ministry of Mines & Petroleum is implementing PPG for Afghanistan Extractive Industries for Development (AE4D) Project, financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF).
The proposed project incorporates the MoMP Roadmap priorities that facilitate institution strengthening and regulatory restructuring, and building technical skills for resource development. The project design relies heavily upon citizen engagement and investor input.
Key outcomes defined as an increased understanding of the geological and geophysical characteristics of Afghanistan’ hydrocarbons-prone basins; provide support to reform Ministry’s institution; provide support to developing Ministry’s professional skills (building of the Ministry staff as well as those of SOEs); improved transparency and oversight of hydrocarbons and mining resources management; and application of formal mining and petroleum sector environment and safety international standards.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PPG Project is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Senior Procurement Specialist to work in Procurement Directorate at MoMP.
The objective of this assignment is to assist MOMP Directorate with procurement of consulting services, goods, works and services so as to minimize time delays and to ensure that the assigned tasks are implemented within the original time schedule and project costs; and that there is a transfer in knowhow on project management, implementation and procurement to the staff of the section.
The Sr. Procurement Specialist will report to Director of Procurement.
|Date Posted:||10 Jun 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PPG-Senior Procurement Specialist (Procurement Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 10 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Under the direct supervision of Procurement director the incumbent will be responsible for overall implementation of the projects procurement and ensuring smooth implementation of each activity according to the Projects Implementation and procurement plan;
2. Updates the Procurement Section with hard and soft copies of all standard World Bank and standard Afghanistan government procurement documents, including the procurement law, tendering documents of all kinds, other procurement planning forms, etc in English and, if available, also in Pashto and Dari, on a regular basis.
3. Maintains smooth coordination of project procurement activities, and be responsible for following up with the relevant components and ministries departments on the achievement of all project targets;
4. Under the supervision of Procurement director, the senior procurement specialist must be responsible for the preparation and development of Procurement Operational Manual within the first 2 months of his/her contract.
5. Ensures the maintenance of project and contract administration records and the submission of reports;
6. Monitors financial commitments and unspent balances against contracts;
7. Facilitates procurement of all packages under the projects and ensure that all procurements are in accordance with the World Bank and GIRoA guidelines, this will include preparation of REOls, SPNs, bidding documents, RFPs, evaluation reports and contracts;
8. Prepares other documents necessary to process disbursements and otherwise facilitate payments;
9. Ensures that the MOMP Procurement is in compliance with all legal covenants of the projects;
10. Oversee the preparation and updates of monthly work plans of the Procurement Directorate.
11. Proposes necessary steps or measures to overcome any critical delays to the completion of the projects procurement activities;
12. Ensures that MOMP Procurement develops its institutional capacity to effectively implement the projects. In particular, throughout the assignment, provide on the job training to procurement staff in an effort to transfer skills and knowledge;
13. Maintains official project records; establish a proper filing system for all relevant procurement documents and prepare needed reports and documents;
14. Provides technical assistance for implementation of various procurement activities;
15. Responsible for management and development of institutional and working relationships with the key stakeholders;
16. Undertakes management tasks as deemed necessary in support of rapid procurement delivery and to implement tasks as assigned by the MOMP procurement director.
17. Any other task assigned by the management according laws and regulation.
• Theoretical knowledge of internationally recognized procurement standards; good understanding of procurement techniques and practices used in the private sector and knowledge of market trends and sources of supply and equipment;
• Good understanding of internal procurement policies, practices and procedures; proven analytical skills, including ability to research and analyze data and develop recommendations on procurement contracts awards and related issues;
• Ability to obtain information, clarification and agreement on terms of contracts and/or specification requirements; demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given.
• Ability to plan own work and manage conflicting priorities.
• Ability to manage staff and contribute to the skills and capacity building
• Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to explain and present procurement-related information/requirements and prepare written documents/communications in a clear, concise style.
• Fluency in English in speech, writing and comprehension to the extent of easy comprehension of World Bank procurement documents.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
The Senior Procurement Specialist would have the following:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in procurement management, business administration, public administration, management, development or similar fields from a recognized, accredited university and Master degree is preferred.
• At least 5-7 years’ experience of public procurement with international donor funded projects out of which a minimum of 3 years should be in the capacity of Procurement Specialist or senior procurement officer
• At least 1 years’ experience as senior officer or procurement specialist with The World Bank projects.
• Direct work experience in procurement with the United Nations, World Bank, would be a distinct advantage;
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English is required.
• Thorough knowledge of Afghan political, media, economic, social, educational, and cultural structures and institutions is essential.
• Ability to develop and maintain contacts at all levels, up to and including the ministerial level, in cultural, government, media, and educational institutions.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Procurement
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 20/June/2018 at 16:00PM. Reference MoMP/PPG-Senior Procurement Specialist must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest. Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator) Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|