Data Com Engineer(1078 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its procurement director’s post.
The data com engineer will be responsible for the network status, network status optimization, assisting in the analysis of customer and company requirements for new and existing salaam network and related duties.
|Date Posted:||11 Jun 2018||Reference:||011|
|Closing Date:||25 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide Daily check list report to line manager.
• Provide Daily work report to line manager.
• Weekly Collect saved configuration of all Salaam network equipment and ZIP them all then send it to line manager.
• Check Network status.
• Check Network status Optimization.
• Configuration 2G/3G Hub Sites and TDF sites.Design, develop, and document comprehensive maintenance and operation procedures and plans.
• Assist in the analysis of customer and company requirements for new and existing in Salaam network.
• Get advice from line manager for any issue of Salaam network.
• Preparing new plans and designs to improve the efficiency of Salaam network.
• Attend the related Salaam project planning meetings.
• Plan and schedule major Salaam network migrations and upgrades.
• Providing complete report of Salaam network to relevant authorities.
• Any other duty assigned by management.
• Have the in-depth working knowledge of MPLS, L2VPN / L3VPN, MP-BGP, OSPF, BFD, Supervlan, QinQ and static and dynamic routing etc.
• Preferred to have CCNA & CCNP.
• Have the ability to abstract project requirements, through participation in project maintenance process.
• Fully familiar with prevalent telecom industry standards / specifications like ITU-T, ETSI etc and been able to draw technical specifications as per customer's requirements.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, good team spirit, and adaptability.
• Have a strong personal interest in developing self-professional competencies and skills.
• Have working experience on large scale/capacity routers, switches, Firewalls, Cisco, ZTE & Huawei product series.
• Requires Bachelor Degree in Computer Science.
• Good knowledge in the fields of IP (WAN, LAN), Core Routers and Ethernet switches & firewalls.
• Familiar with enterprise IP solution is preferred
• Ability to understand the customer’s needs in order to design the desired solution.
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of Telecom network.
• Detailed knowledge of Telecom network infrastructure.
• 2 years of related network planning and implementation experience.
• 2 years of network operation and maintenance experience.
• Operational knowledge of 2G/3G/4G(GSM) mobile networks.
• Must be able to effectively communicate issues. Professional written, presentation and verbal communication skills are required.
• Education university degree in Computers / Electrical / Electronics
• Language Skills: Fluent in English (Reading/Writing/Speaking)
• Experience: Minimum 4 years' experience in telecom industry preferably in IP network.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Electrical Engineering
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV . Kindly mention the vacancy number (011) - Data Com Engineer in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re-announced - Deputy IT Manager at Tetra Tech||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Web Developer at Ministry of Economy||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|IT Technician at Giganor ISP||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|مدیر عمومی تکنالوژی معلو.. at Afghanistan Urban Wate..||Kabul||21 Aug 2018|
|Network Administrator – Part-time at The Asia Foundation||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Internews – Afghanistan||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Database Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Infrastructure Administrator at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||17 Aug 2018|
|Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|Senior Officer Network at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Aug 2018|
|IT Manager at Venco Imtiaz Construction Company||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|