Project Management Technical Assistant(547 Views)
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Project (RCBIP)
Governmental officeThe Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Public works.
As a Technical Assistant, he/she will be responsible for the /head of department, quality control and delivery of feasibility study, detailed design and construction supervision projects. His/her management role is to ensure that deliverables are produced with quality and on time by monitoring progress and providing advice and support. He must be proficient in the identification, analyses, and resolution of problems and effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of project activities.
|Date Posted:||11 Jun 2018||Reference:||MPW/RCBIP/97 – 034|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Specific responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to;
• Assist the Head of department with the technical documents and weekly meeting.
• Schedule weekly meeting with contractor /consultant and MPW management, keep the archive.
• Arranging organizing all technical documents and design comments
• Managing all correspondence, filing, emailing and incoming-outgoing calls and assist the tasks related to design review team.
• Provide technical assistance in collecting and interpreting of technical data and office administrative tasks.
• Maintain sustainable coordination among relevant departments/offices in to prevent time waste to insure the quality of daily activities.
• Follow up management meetings, Keep Minuets of Meeting for and from management
• Carry design packages (scope of works, technical reports, BOQ, MOUS, List of staff and machineries)
• Coordinate with the Contract Management Section.
• Monitor the implementation of the works.
• Perform any other duty in line with these ToR’s as directed by the Head of Technical Section.
• Coordinating weekly meeting with Contractors
• Regular submission and updating of all designs documents, Reports and other related documents to the projects.
• MPW Civil Servant counterparts demonstrate an increase in technical expertise and skill.
• Keep updating the senior staff on project documents and work schedule.
• Providing minutes of meeting with Government, Donors, contractor and consultant.
• Any other task may have assigned based on requirement.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fluency in English language is required;
• Fluency in written and spoken Dari/Pashto is required;
• Ability to draft letters in Dari/Pashto and English;
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
• Willingness and ability to travel inside Afghanistan.
• Proven background in similar positions.
• Must have technical knowledge in relevant field.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• NTA 4-5 years’ relevant experience with bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field.
• Certificates in project management or construction management will be preserved.
• Motivation/Self Reliance
• Team Work Ability
• Communications - Good communication (spoken and written) skills, including ability to prepare written documents/communications,
• Technology Awareness – Good computer skills using MS Word, Excel Primavera and Ms. Project will count as a plus point.
• Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people.
• Verified copy of University Degree
• Copy of Afghan ID (Tazkera)
• Copy of last Posting Contract
• Certificate’s and Appreciation Letter’s
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or other related field.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV, to (mentioned E-mail) and copy to (mentioned E-mail) kindly indicate the vacancy number (MPW/RCBIP/97-034) and the position title (Project Management Technical Assistant) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit - Reform and Capacity Building Implementation Directorate of Ministry of Public Works first Macroryan Kabul Afghanistan.
Only qualified short-listed candidates will be notified
firstname.lastname@example.org --CC-- email@example.com
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant for External Review of US Embassy .. at American University of..||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|RTDMS Project Director at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Team Lead - Regions at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Criminal Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Deputy Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Civil Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|National Project Manager- SDG Project-SB5/1 (.. at UNDP Afghanistan||Kabul||12 Jul 2018|
|Planning and Performance Monitoring Specialis.. at Trans-Hindukush Road C..||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|NIMS (National Information Management System).. at MOIA||Kabul||17 Jul 2018|
|Manager Fundraising/ Resource Mobilization at French Medical Institute fo..||Kabul||24 Jun 2018|
|CW4WAfghan-Afghanistan Country Director at Canadian Women for Women in Af..||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|CEO at 786 Pharma||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|