Nutrition and Health Deputy program Manager (DPM)(389 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
To support the Integrated Emergency Nutrition and WASH response to reduce excess child morbidity and mortality in Ghor province of Afghanistan
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||NUTDPM_Ghor|
|Closing Date:||18 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||60511 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 18 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Provide technical support to the nutrition programs and participate in the implementation of activities:
- Supervise and follow-up the activities in HFs and the mobile team on regular basis in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM
- Ensure that other essential complementary activities are well mainstreamed within the major nutrition interventions i.e. positive care practices are promoted; health education is administered within OTP and other HF levels; and also during the implementation of the mobile team activities in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM.
- Providing technical support to nutrition field staff.
- Liaise with support department with anticipation to ensure proper implementation of the project in collaboration with health and Nutrition PM.
- Support nutrition Supervisors in providing OPD-SAM statistic reports.
- Ensure high quality regular communication with selected community elders.
- Conduct formal training to health facility staff on health/nutrition topics.
Objective 2: Human resource management and administration of the nutrition team
- Participate in recruitment process as per established HR policies and make recommendations on the staffing needs to the Nutrition and Health Program Manager
- Carry out performance appraisals, supportive supervision and motivation of staff under him/her.
- Identify training needs of the nutrition staff, prepare and facilitate/ execute the trainings both theoretical and on the job as required.
- Propose and follow-up the nutrition and health team leave plan
Objective 3: Reporting and planning:
- Improve the consumption follow-up and anticipate the needs of RUTF, essential drugs and other items.
- Support the nutrition supervisor in providing daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Identify the problem in field activities and provide possible solution for them
- Collect, correct and compile the activity reports of nutrition supervisors.
- Prepare monthly activity plan for nutrition field teams and submit to the Nutrition and Health PM
- Provide weekly and monthly movement requests.
Objective 4: Participate in the nutritional and medical supervision:
- Participate in evaluations in order to identify the needs ;
- Collect and analyze the data.
Objective 5: any other tasks which given by health and nutrition program manager
Objective 6: Ensure the interim for health and nutrition program manager when absent.
- Medical Doctor
A minimum of 2 years of experiences in the field of health and nutrition, specially on CMAM program
- Good organization, planning and skills
- Fluent English in speaking and writing
- Good computer skill
- Good team management and positive attitude
Afghanistan - Ghowr
Masters Degree, Health/Medical
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
(1) Shar e Naw, Herate Mosque Street, House , KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not receive a reply to your application within 2 months, your file has not been shortlisted. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, because we receive a very large number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will receive an explanation as to why their applications were ultimately unsuccessful upon request.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||25 Aug 2018|
|Routine immunization Project Manager at IFRC||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Multi-sectoral Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|CBHC Provincial Officer (Kandahar) at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kandahar||29 Aug 2018|
|Radiographer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Pharmacy Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Khost||15 Aug 2018|
|دکتور سونولوجیست at Mehraban Hospital||Herat||31 Aug 2018|
|MARKETING / SALES Laboratory Products at DK - German Medical Diagnostic C..||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Vital Statistics Officer at World Health Organization||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|
|District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue.. at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Multi Cities||14 Aug 2018|