Grants Manager(860 Views)
Goldozi (Dari for embroidery) is a four-year USAID-funded project, implemented by FHI 360, that will upgrade the skills of and access-to-market information for 500 sales agents and enhance the technical skills of 15,000 women embroiderers in and around Kabul. The goal is to create jobs or enhance existing jobs by increasing the commercial potential of embroidered products. Goldozi aims to address the following over the life of the Project:
• Create a class of trained and certified sales agents who are equipped with market-readiness skills and access-to-market insights; connect them to embroiderers and other actors along the value chain – from input suppliers to retail and export markets; and build and promote a strong brand that advertises the authenticity and ethical production of Afghan embroidered products.
• Build the capacity of sales agents in (1) basic business and financial management, (2) sales strategies, (3), market intelligence and access, and (4) leadership and networking, and the technical skills of women embroiderers (WEs) to improve quality and productivity levels.
• Establish a brand, market brand identities for Goldozi-supported embroidery products, and foster strategic market linkages to support trade promotion and increased market access of Afghan hand-embroidered products.
• Strengthen the viability of sales agent jobs in the value chain and increase incomes of women embroiderers (WEs).
• Collaborate with private and public-sector stakeholders, the NGO community, and supporting institutions to support the hand-embroidered products value chain over the life of the Project and maintain sustainable partnerships after the Project ends.
The Grants Manager is responsible for grants management and will develop and execute grants management strategies to achieve Goldozi Project targets. The Grants Manager is responsible for ensuring all Project procurement and subcontracting activities are achieved according to Project deadlines and in compliance with USAID rules and regulations. S/he takes the lead in all issues related to grants management for Goldozi project, under the supervision of the DCOP. Working He/she will oversee the administration of all types of grants, including submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI), pre-applications conferences, pre-award, post-award, the day-to-day management and close out of the grants program. The Grants Manager will work closely with the Finance, Procurement, and if need Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO)/HQ. The Grants Manager will ensure effective management and monitoring of the grants program and activities and will work closing with Goldozi and the Goldozi Partnership Network (GPN), with a focus on compliance to ensure adherence to all applicable USAID regulations and award terms and conditions. The Grants Manager, in reviewing the grant applications, proposals, contracts, sub-contracts, and millstone documents, will perform due diligence work to ensure current grants are aligned with USAID compliance and make recommendations, as needed.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||467|
|Closing Date:||23 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Adhere to the FHI 360 Grants Manual, to establish Project specific policies and procedures for the issuance and management of different types of grants, including developing/adapting templates, procedures, and regulations to be used for formulating, negotiating, obtaining approvals, executing, monitoring, processing funds request, ensuring compliance with the award documents, modifying and closing the grants according to the organization/donor regulations;
• Where appropriate, assist the grantees/GPNs in developing the work plans, budgets, monitoring progress, tracking expenses, preparing reports, and following up on grantees’ complaints with the terms of their agreements;
• As needed, conduct field visits to monitor grantee implementation of activities. Ensure that implementation of activities is in accordance with the donor and FHI 360 regulations.
• Review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
• Manage and support the grants requirement and implementation for the organization.
• Develop complete grant packages with the required back-up documentation for each grant (i.e., In-kind Grants, Fixed-Award Amount, and combinations of these grants etc.) and work with DCOP/COP and Finance Officer to obtain the required Contracts Management Services (CMS) and USAID Approval.
• Draft for review and signature pre- and post-award documents (i.e., grants applications/proposal, contracts, plans/justifications, pre-award).
• Establish and maintain a proper filing system to maintain a complete record of all types of grants issued by the project in the field.
• Establish and maintain proper contracts tracker, processes, documentation, and monitor and record budget and payment information and contract deliverables.
• Routinely review and verify grantees’ statements of expenditures to ensure the accuracy of sub-grant-related data and assist in preparing spending status for each sub-grantee on a schedule determined by the DCOP.
• Assist in the preparation/modification of sub-grantee budgets, keeping a track record of any changes during the award period.
• Create correspondence to grant applicants and grantees as necessary.
• Prepare reports and participate in the review of grant applications.
• Request final reports from grantees if reports have not been filed in a timely manner.
• Oversee the preparation and timely submission of grant applications/proposal, contracts amendments, and budget transfers.
• Compile and evaluate price and / or cost data with all elements of cost in contractor proposals and making competitive range determinations.
• Monitor, tracking and security of all sub-contractors’ and grantees documents in the Goldozi office.
• Provide regular updates on the status of implementation of subcontracts to DCOP and COP.
• Report consistent and accurate financial data on sub-contract activities.
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by Project leadership.
IV. Financial and Risk Management related to institutional grants
• Proactively manage grant and contract performance, working with colleagues and Goldozi-GPN to identifying risks and minimize them.
• Coordinate with Finance Departments in FHI360 Projects offices and support contract negotiations as required.
• MBA Finance preferred, bachelor’s degree in finance or related field with a minimum of five to eight years of verifiable working experience in a responsible position, ideally on USAID or other donor-funded projects.
• Experience leading and managing the procurement and acquisition aspects of USAID funded projects, including a demonstrated understanding of applicable procurement-related USG and Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) regulations.
• Verifiable working experience in preparing, issuing, and administering grants contracts, subcontracts and award/sub-awards is required.
• Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and effectively deal with competing pressures, multiple stakeholders, unplanned change and tight time-frames.
• Knowledge of USAID and its contractual and reporting requirements.
• Experience with computerized and financial accounting and strong organizational skills.
• Prior experience with project closeout and file readiness for audit compliance is highly desired.
• Experience with international development organizations or donor-funded development projects is preferred.
• Duties require broad conceptual judgment, initiative, and the ability to deal with a wide range of issues; including confidential and sensitive data, which if disclosed, might have significant internal and/or external effect.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
• Strong understanding of how financial management, procurements, and grants align with compliance.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team; proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment.
• Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information, meet tight/tough deadline and schedules and create timely, high quality report the DCOP/COP and APRO-Office.
• Ability to work closely as a team and network with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Substantive experience in the use of computers and Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required.
• Fluency in English and local languages i.e. Pashto and Dari required.
VI. Travel: Ability to travel to the Goldozi project areas of operation as needed.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
In order to apply for this position please open below mentioned link in new tab of your internet
browser, follow the instructions and apply through our online recruiting system:-
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified women whose qualifications meet the requirements of above mentioned position are particularly welcome to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Community Mobilizer/Food Distributer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and..||Ghowr||20 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Development Services..||Ghowr||20 Oct 2018|
|(معاون تحویلدار (ننگرهار at DABS||Nangarhar||31 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|صفا کارسب ستیشن امارات at DABS||Kabul||22 Oct 2018|
|Re - Secretary/Translate at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul City Ri..||Kabul||19 Oct 2018|
|Admin/Procurement Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||19 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|