Finance Officer(822 Views)
Goldozi (Dari for embroidery) is a four-year USAID-funded project, implemented by FHI 360, that will upgrade the skills of and access-to-market information for 500 sales agents and enhance the technical skills of 15,000 women embroiderers in and around Kabul. The goal is to create jobs or enhance existing jobs by increasing the commercial potential of embroidered products. Goldozi aims to address the following over the life of the Project:
• Create a class of trained and certified sales agents who are equipped with market-readiness skills and access-to-market insights; connect them to embroiderers and other actors along the value chain – from input suppliers to retail and export markets; and build and promote a strong brand that advertises the authenticity and ethical production of Afghan embroidered products.
• Build the capacity of sales agents in (1) basic business and financial management, (2) sales strategies, (3), market intelligence and access, and (4) leadership and networking, and the technical skills of women embroiderers (WEs) to improve quality and productivity levels.
• Establish a brand, market brand identities for Goldozi-supported embroidery products, and foster strategic market linkages to support trade promotion and increased market access of Afghan hand-embroidered products.
• Strengthen the viability of sales agent jobs in the value chain and increase incomes of women embroiderers (WEs).
• Collaborate with private and public-sector stakeholders, the NGO community, and supporting institutions to support the hand-embroidered products value chain over the life of the Project and maintain sustainable partnerships after the Project ends.
The Finance Officer will report to the Deputy Chief of Party or his designee and will be responsible for a wide range of financial responsibilities for Goldozi project. S/he will work with Goldozi Project team to facilitate the routine functions, ensuring the integrity of FHI 360’s financial operation. The Finance Officer will assist the DCOP and Grants Manager in reviewing the grant proposals, contracts, millstone documents, and perform due diligence work to ensure current grants are aligned with contracts. The Finance Officer will work closely with the Grants Manager and DCOP as well as with Procurement if needed.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||468|
|Closing Date:||23 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain the system of records, accounting for the transactions, expenditures, and reimbursements under FHI360-Goldozi.
• Follow FHI 360’s financial management system and reporting deadlines for financial reports.
• Facilitate any external audit and audits conducted by FHI 360 APRO/HQ Internal Audit Department.
• Carry out the preparation of the annual and quarterly cash budgets, under the supervision of the DCOP.
• Ensure internal budget control of Goldozi project by monitoring actual expenses against the Goldozi budget and report on it to the DCOP.
• Prepare procurement notices and documentation (as required) to enable FHI360-Goldozi to organize procurement of services.
• Verify invoices and approve the payment of staff remuneration and reimbursable, in coordination with FHI360 projects Finance Management Department.
• Review payment vouchers ensure transactions are properly supported and documented before processing for payment.
• Review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency.
• Review and process honorarium agreement payments.
• Prepare bank transfer advices for local and international transfers to suppliers, vendors, and staff.
• Manage petty cash and advances.
• Obtain validation from Grants Manager of invoices submitted by Goldozi GPNs or other subgrantees for partial reimbursement of expenditures under approved contract.
• Forwards payment requests for eligible expenditures under the Goldozi Management Contract.
• Maintain the archives of reimbursement requests, invoices, and payments.
• Establish a proper filing system to maintain a complete record of all types of reimbursement documents.
• Provide regular updates of financial issues to DCOP and COP.
• Report consistent and accurate financial data.
• Assist in preparation of financial reports for the submission to relevant authorities, HQ, the Asia Pacific Regional Office (APRO), donor and ministries, as required monthly, quarterly, and on annual basis.
• Assist in scanning of all payment vouchers prior to transfer of original documents to APRO/HQ.
• Assist in uploading data into accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks or Peachtree).
• Verify tax remittance forms with the Revenue and Tax Department of MoF.
• Submit wire transfer letters of vendor payments and taxes to the banks.
• Verify/Check the fuel receipt and log sheets.
• Verify/check receipt of office supplies, stationeries, and other goods and equipment.
• Other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the position supervisor or project leadership.
• Bachelor’s degree in relevant filed such as Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics and Project Finance (ACCA/CAT is preferable.)
• Professional knowledge in respective fields
• Minimum 4-6 years of experience in finance, accounting and bookkeeping with a non profit organization.
• Conceptual clarity of finance and accounting principles and terminologies required.
• Previous experience with USAID or other international donor agency will be a plus point.
• Attention to detail, good numeracy skills.
• Willing to take initiative and proactively identifying and addressing the issues.
• Must have QuickBooks skills and knowledge and familiarity with multi-currency versions.
• Must be a good team player and listener, flexible, respectful, honest and trustworthy.
• Experience with computerized and financial accounting and strong organizational skills.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible, and team-focused work environment.
• Fluency in English and local languages i.e. Pashto and Dari required
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
In order to apply for this position please open below mentioned link in new tab of your internet
browser, follow the instructions and apply through our online recruiting system:-
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified women whose qualifications meet the requirements of above mentioned position are particularly welcome to apply.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Manager at NEI (Nutrition and Education International)||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Financial Management Specialist at ASDP/DMTVET/MOE||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Resident Advisor Pashtany Bank (PB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Resident Advisor New Kabul Bank (NKB) at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Supervisory Financial Analyst FSN-12 (Single .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Internal Audit Director at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Operation Officer at Afghanistan Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (..||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||11 Jul 2018|
|Finance Expert for MoMP/PSU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||23 Jun 2018|
|Senior Administration and Finance Officer at AISS||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|TDFکارمند امور بانکی at ATRA||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Financial Specialist FSN-10 at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Audit Manager at Afghan Green Gate Co||Kabul||22 Jun 2018|
|Billing Officer at Global Entourage Company Ltd.||Kabul||21 Jun 2018|
|Finance Officer at Malika and Refa Solution||Kabul||20 Jun 2018|
|Financial Accountant at Smart Telecom Co, Ltd||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|