Travel Expeditor(1092 Views)
About U.S. Embassy
The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Position is responsible for expediting both arriving and departing U.S. Government personnel at the Hamid Karzai International Airport. Position is also responsible for providing one-on-one service to assigned VIPs entering and departing Kabul. VIPs include Ambassadors assigned to post and visiting (CODELs, StaffDels, etc.)
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||KABUL-2018-017|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Travel/Tourism||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Position provides a combination of the following services to approximately 1,800 to 2,000 American personnel permanently assigned to the Mission. Personnel are from the Department of State and other USG agencies, all of which subscribe to ICASS travel service. In addition, a combination of the following services are provided to 100 TDY visitors per month and approximately 50 VIP visitors per month:
• Accompanies all Embassy personnel and visitors on arrival and on departure at the Kabul
International Airport. In addition, accompanies all personnel on VIP visits (Congressional delegations, Department of State senior officials, other agency senior officials, etc.) on arrival and departure. In all cases, pays particular attention to those who require special assistance (whose with pets, weapons, excess baggage, and arrival without valid visas).
• Escorts departing personnel with their luggage to the checking –in area and assisting with clearing security if needed. In addition, escort arrivals to the awaiting vehicles ensuring that personnel are helped to vehicles in small groups. Directing the departure of vehicles per guidance provided by the Regional Security Office.
• Closely coordinates arrivals and departures with sponsoring section, GSO Travel, GSO Housing, the Regional Security Office (RSO), Human Resources (HR), and other offices within GSO and Management.
• On occasion will drive an official USG vehicle in connection with above duties and in this regard must understand and follow Security directives unique to the security situation in Afghanistan.
• Provides head-count and other statistical information to Travel GSO as requested in order to provide accurate ICASS counts for Department of State and other serviced agencies.
• Prepares immigration and customs documents and other paperwork as required by the Afghan Immigration and Customs authorities.
• Facilitates customs clearance of baggage on an as needed basis.
• Arranges use of the Kabul International Airport VIP Lounge for all VIP visits and in this capacity must foster good relations with Afghan Immigration officials, Ministry of Foreign Affairs officials and Border Police.
• Assists when necessary with the issuance of temporary airport security passes.
• Prepares as needed documents for the importation and exportation of pets. Arranges transport to and from the airport for all personnel and luggage. In this regard, prepares on a daily basis (a day in advance) the airport shuttle list listing passengers’ names, points of contact (POCs), cell phone numbers, and departure/arrival times. Updates schedule as needed. Contacts POCs when changes to the schedule occur or if a passenger does not show-up for pick-up or at arrival. If personnel arrive without name on the arrival list, verifies with declared section if indeed arrival is being expected. Coordinates and accommodates new arrival accordingly.
A valid driver's license required. Must have computer skills including how to use excel spreadsheets and create databases. Must know how to interact with airport personnel and follow tight security procedures. Must be tactful and diplomatic when dealing with airport officials, American personnel, and VIPs. Must have good name/face recognition skills. Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing work schedules (working sometimes at night and other times during the day).
Applicants must address required qualifications criteria listed below with specific information and documentation supporting each item. For example, official transcripts evidencing educational requirements must be attached to the original application submission. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified. We are not required to contact applicants who have submitted incomplete application packages.
Education Requirements: Completion of high school is required.
EXPERIENCE: One year of airport expediting or customer service experience with UN, NGO or another western embassy.
LANGUAGE: List both English and host country language(s) proficiency requirements by level (II, III) and Specialization (sp/read): English Level III (Good Working Knowledge) and Level IV (Fluent) Dari.
Afghanistan - Kabul
High School, General
How to Apply:
All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Local security clearance.
To apply for this position applicants must electronically submit the documents listed below to be considered for employment. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible and qualified.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site (https://af.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/).
Required Documents: High School Diploma and Driver's License.
What to Expect Next: Applicants who are invited to take a language, skills, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Kabul.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!