Curriculum Developer and Master Trainer(694 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Curriculum Developer and Master Trainer is responsible for developing training modules including training content, teaching materials and trainer’s manuals in English, Dari and Pashto and building the capacity of the project staff in different areas relevant to the project implementation. S/he is responsible to deliver Trainings of Trainers (ToT) in a way the project staff will be able to effectively share the knowledge with the project participants in a way suitable for a mixture of illiterate and literate participants from different ethnicities with different background.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-36|
|Closing Date:||19 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Training||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and conduct Trainings Needs Assessment of the team;
• Based on research / experiential / acquired knowledge and consultations with the project team, develop suitable training modules to build capacities of projects staff to deliver trainings in different areas to the project participants;
• Developing necessary training content, teaching materials, trainer’s manuals and visual aids in three languages;
• Assist the team to develop suitable training aids suitable to impart training to combination of illiterate and literate project participants from different ethnicities with different social background;
• Conduct Training of Trainers and build capacity of the staff;
• Collect feedback through pre and post-training assessment and other methods, and modify content if required;
• Support the team to develop pre and post training assessment questionnaires;
• To perform any other related duties as required by the line manager
Education/ training University Degree in Political Science, Education, Psychology or any branch of Social Sciences. Master’s Degree
Certification as a Master Trainer from a reputed training institute or professional association of trainers
Work Experience Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity
Proven experience in assessing training needs, developing training curricula and training modules
At least three years’ experience in delivering Training of Trainers (ToT) and training at grass root level;
experience in women’s empowerment programmes and/or refugees/returnees reintegration programmes
Publications in English will be given extra credit.
Professional Skills and Competencies • Excellent conceptual and analytical skills able to distil key ideas with clarity and precision.
• Ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering training in the field to develop Training Manuals;
• Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development.
• Strong communication, facilitation, and writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Dari, Pashto and English
• Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable women, returnees and IDPs with special focus on their economic and social empowerment and reintegration
• Good knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office including spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
• Results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities and meeting tight deadlines Demonstrated ability to think strategically, effectively plan, setting priorities;
Familiarity with International conventions on refugees and Internally Displaced Persons (IDP)
Familiarity with the Afghan national policy on IDPs and UNHCR’s durable solutions for Afghan refugees
Ability to lead and influence others with diplomacy and tact
Values and attitude • A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
• Responsible, committed and honest in his/her work
• Detail oriented person
• Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
• Flexible, dynamic, ability to multitask • An outgoing and engaging personality, with cultural and gender sensitivity and a strong sense of humour; able to build trust, work and live collaboratively with others and manage relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please email a covering letter and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 19 Jun 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
|Freelance Training Consultant/Trainer at VEER Consultancy||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|