IT Officer (Night Shift)(1251 Views)
About Ministry of communication and IT
The Mandate of Ministry of Communication and IT (MCIT) are to Provide high Quality Communication, IT and Postal Services for the Afghan People at Affordable prices. The Ministry has been Actively Advocating for a Positive change in the Society by Connecting the Afghan People to Knowledge and Resources, which will enable them to Improve the quality of their lives. The Afghan Government aims to establish a stable and Democratic Political Environment, rule of law, and a Favorable Regulatory Environment for Business.
The vision of the Ministry of Communication and IT is to transform Afghanistan into technology Information Society.
Priorities of MCIT:
• To deliver the Telecom and IT services to remote areas throughout the country
• To supply high speed internet to the people in Afghanistan
• To design, develop and deploy the technical platform of the National Identity Card (NID) and provide ide technical assistance to the Ministry of Interior (MoI) on the successful implementation of project"
• To extend the fiber optic network in the country
• To replace the existing analogue television (TV) broadcasting systems by digital TV broadcasting systems in the country and tighten regulations for broadcasting companies
• To enhance the capacity of the Afghan government by introducing the concept of e-Government and encourage all the ministries to integrate ICT within their main work
Provide liaison and coordination support to the Chief of Staff and Minister Office in a whole. Manage Communication and coordination activities with internal and external stakeholders. Follow up on activities with cabinet, Parliament, HEC, Minister Council and with other governmental agencies. Provide administrative and operation support to the works workshops, conferences, seminars etc. where necessary.
|Date Posted:||12 Jun 2018||Reference:||MCIT - NTA - 003|
|Closing Date:||22 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage virtual and physical servers with Windows Server 2008 – 2012 R2 and RHEL operating systems.
• Management of the physical and virtual environment (VMware).
• Familiarity with MS SQL server, windows clustering, domain controller setup, and group policy.
• Manage the physical environment of the server racks including cable management, documentation,
• Labeling and configuration of KVM switching for console and remote access.
• Daily progress report of the data center equipment.
• Storage aria network and cloud system design.
• Software & hardware Installation and configuration of data center devices.
• Technical research and new ideas, innovative services.
• Network system upgrade of data center devices.
• Controlling daily-based DATA CENTER activities and related administrative tasks.
• Cooperation with other government organizations based on job related activities.
• Data center network checkup and generate report.
• Data center devices security checkup for security risks, threats, and vulnerabilities on daily bases.
• Troubleshoot of hardware and software.
• Ability of cloud services design and work with new oracle system technology like (private cloud appliances)
• Design; configure network, new cisco ASA firewall, ASR routers and cisco nexus switches,
• Design of SAN storage area network for data center.
• UPS knowledge
• Generator and other electrical knowledge
• Good communication, writing reading, speaking skills
• ability to work in team and as I individual
• ability to work under stressed condition
• MCITP, MCSE, Certified,
• CCNP R/S + SECURITY certified
• Linux system administration
• Unix system administration
• Power and electrical system certificate
Bachelor in computer science & engineering, Computer science, telecommunication, information technology, software engineering, power, electrical
3 years working experience in related field for bachelor and 4 years for Masters.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, IT
Interested of afghan nationals should submit their updated application comprises your CV and a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the advertised position.
Human resource directorate
Ministry of communication and information technology.
PLEASE MENTION THE VACANCY NUMBER & NAME OF POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING IN YOUR E-MAIL SUBJECT LINE otherwise the application will not be considered
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
The vacancy announcement is open only for Afghan national(s) applicants.
|More jobs in this category|
|Avaya and Cisco VoIP Engineer at Global Technology||Kabul||28 Jun 2018|
|Information Technology Security Manager at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|مدیر تکنالوژی معلوماتی at Afghanistan Urban Water Sup..||Kunduz||09 Jul 2018|
|IT Specialist at Afghanistan SUPPORT-II Project||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Database Developer at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Data Com Engineer at AFTEL||Kabul||25 Jun 2018|
|Technical Lead, IT (Lifecycle Manager) at NETLINKS||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|
|Proposal Writer at Logic Mind Technologies||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|ISP Technical Lead at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||19 Jul 2018|