About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting Midwives for a position.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||MSF-265|
|Closing Date:||18 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Midwifery||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||32850 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
• Ensure the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care
• Properly follow up all new-born babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices
• Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to MSF specifications
• Participate in the organization of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor
• Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
• According to MSF protocols in force, conduct normal deliveries independently. Manage obstetric emergencies; identify cases needing referral and send them in time, clean up the new-born, executing and registering first neo-natal medical acts (cutting and cleaning the umbilical cord, vaccination, etc.), detecting possible anomalies/infections of the new-born and reporting them to the doctor, in order to ensure successful interventions
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
• Midwifery Diploma recognized by the Afghan Ministry of Health
• Previous experience as a Midwife (1 year)
• Fluent Dari, English is an asset
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time: 176 hrs a month.
The Gross salary for this position is 32,850 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Kabul
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Monday, 18th June 2018 at 4 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Dasht-e-Barchi Project via:
- In a sealed envelope at Médecins Sans Frontières Administration department, Tank-e-Teel Hospital, district 13, Dasht-e-Barchi - Kabul City
The reference “MIDWIFE” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Priority will be given to first application / Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!