Supervisor Doctor(527 Views)
About ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM
Action Contre la Faim (ACF) is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that was created in France in 1979. ACF has been active in Afghanistan in the medical, nutrition, food security, water and sanitation and Mental Health fields since 1995.
Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||ACF_04|
|Closing Date:||20 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 4 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Supervision, monitoring and follow up of the activities in HFs.
- Ensure that the admission criteria are respected: severely malnourished cases with medical complications admitted in the TFU and none medical complications are to the OTP.
- Follow-up the history from each patient and conduct the clinical examination (looking after medical complications and their treatment; diarrhea, dehydration, hypothermia, hypoglycemia, anemia, skin disease, pneumonia, and other infections).
- Check the immunization status of every child in the TFU.
- Examine systematically all the patient everyday
- Check each treatment chart daily and follow up the treatment protocol together with the nurse
- Ensure that systematic treatment and drugs are given correctly by the nurse.
- Make sure that the breastfeeding counseling given to all the lactating mothers
- Ensure that discharge criteria are respected, immunization is up to date and health and nutrition education
- Make sure that daily, weekly and monthly record of beneficiaries (admissions, cured, defaulters, death, transfer, gain of weight, length of stay, etc) is in place and fulfill efficiently.
Objective 2 : Team management :
- Train the team in the rules of hygiene, prescriptions and medical supervision ;
- Work in team with the nurses, measurer and the registrar ;
- Establish a work plan for his team ;
- Control the planning of his team ;
- In case of absence of a direct team members, manage who will take over the activities
- Organize training sessions ;
- Carry out appraisal interviews
Objective 3 : Reporting
- Compile and submit statistics on nutrition activities at HFs on a regular basis.
- Do a medical/ dietary supply consumption report
- Monthly morbidity and mortality report
- Ensure that HFs compile monthly statistical report
- Participate to the APR
Required Competences & Skills :
• At least 2 years experience in the field of health and nutrition.
• Previous experiences working in TFU/OTP will be an asset
• Organisation skills are necessary.
• Ability to manage staff according to local culture
• Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel
• Fluent in Dari and English, Dari and/or Pashto
Knowledge of the targeted area would be an asset
Educational / Professional Background :
• Graduated degree medical doctor
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Please send your CV and application letter to Human Resources Department,
(1) Shar e Naw, Herate Mosque Street, House , KABUL
Please mention the position title in your email subject line otherwise it will be rejected
We thank all the applicants for their interest, however; only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
If you do not receive a reply to your application within 2 months, your file has not been shortlisted. We would also like to draw your attention to the fact that, because we receive a very large number of applications, only those candidates selected for interviews will receive an explanation as to why their applications were ultimately unsuccessful upon request.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Medical Referent Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Herat||25 Aug 2018|
|Routine immunization Project Manager at IFRC||Kabul||28 Aug 2018|
|Multi-sectoral Programme Manager at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|CBHC Provincial Officer (Kandahar) at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kandahar||29 Aug 2018|
|Radiographer at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|Pharmacy Supervisor at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)||Khost||15 Aug 2018|
|دکتور سونولوجیست at Mehraban Hospital||Herat||31 Aug 2018|
|MARKETING / SALES Laboratory Products at DK - German Medical Diagnostic C..||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Vital Statistics Officer at World Health Organization||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|
|District Health Promotion (Community Dialogue.. at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Multi Cities||14 Aug 2018|