Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region (To Supervise Central Provinces Sub Projects)(1036 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has applied for a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
I. Ensure high standards of civil works implementation by the Contractors as per their Contractual terms and conditions.
II. Assist in developing an effective site supervision plan to ensure smooth implementation of civil work contracts within its contractual terms and conditions.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||(C-643-18)|
|Closing Date:||02 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist/advise client for advance actions required to be taken for handing over of site and in achieving different milestones for completion of projects as per schedule.
2. Conduct joint survey with the contractor, community for proper handing over of the site to the contractor.
3. Assist client in proper monitoring/progress of works and implementation of the project.
4. Assess the minimum construction equipment, plant and machinery requirements by type and specification. Monitor regularly to ensure the adequacy of deployment of the Contractors equipment, plant and machinery. Approve and monitor the contractor’s mobilization program.
5. Guide Contractors to prepare and submit Work Program for approval including activity scheduling and resource programming. Review and recommend the updated program of the contractor whenever there is shortfall of progress.
6. Verify and recommend working drawings of the contractors and approve the setting out of the works by the contractor and or surveyor. Check Contractor(s) setting out for conformance with the working drawings;
7. Approve Contractor(s) proposed designs/drawings for temporary works;
8. Inspect at regular intervals the Contractor(s) plant and facilities, for both construction work and workers accommodation, to ensure that they conform with both the conditions of contract and all government regulations.
9. Maintain records official visits, progress, testing data, details of variations, correspondences and diaries in the formats approved/specified by the Client.
10. Ensure the use of OK Cards, construction manual and specifications at the site with continuous tracking and logging in the site journal.
11. Inspect the works or any part of the works, on Substantial Completion and advise the Client of any outstanding work, including defects to be remedied, to be completed during the Defects Liability Period. This inspection is to be performed before any part of the Works is accepted as Substantially Complete;
12. Inspect the works at appropriate intervals during the Defect Liability Period
13. At the completion of the contract verify the “as-built drawings” as true record of the works as constructed;
14. Assist Client in coordination work with different stakeholders and hold meetings for proper and timely implementation of the Project;
15. Liaise and coordinate with relevant authorities to remove all obstacles and encumbrances from the project site, including utility relocation, tree cutting, irrigation water requirement of the community, etc ;
16. Assist in assessing Variation Orders for the approval of employer.
17. Examine and recommend the proposals for extension of time for the approval of employer
18. Scrutinize Contractor’s claims and advise the Client on the admissibility of the claims.
19. Inspect all the Contractor(s) safety measures, insurance, including labor welfare and notify immediately both the Client and the Contractor of any infringement or violation;
20. Without relieving the Contractors of their obligations under the Contract, review and approve the safety plan, environment and social aspect as per the Environment and Social Management Framework (ESMF) of the project
21. Without relieving the contractors of their obligations under the contract, review and approve the work zone (including work site, plant site and contractor operated quarry locations) safety plan and ensure compliance.
22. Audits, analyze causes of accidents occurred over the project implementation
23. Inspect the works and guide the contractor staff to ensure quality of the subprojects’ activities implemented in the field including the material used for construction of subprojects;
24. Guiding and leading the contractors for using proper methods for testing and proper use of construction materials and equipments in the field;
25. Perform any other duties as required by the PCU Director.
• Possess at least Bachelor degree in Civil or Hydraulic Structures from a recognized university.
• Well conversant with the civil work implementation works.
• Possess relevant working experience of 4 years.
• Fluency in English is an asset.
• And Computer literacy and knowledge of professional programs on the subject is a prerequisite..
Afghanistan - Daikondi
AF AF 12
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP) under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he/she meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 as revised in October 2006 and May 2010).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Rohullah.firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Engineering Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Structural Engineer at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Proposal Writer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Cost Estimation Engineer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|