National Contract Management Specialist for PCU / Herat Office(446 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||(C-010-18)|
|Closing Date:||02 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in negotiating with contractors on the implementation of activities as per the contractual requirements;
2. Provide day-to-day active technical support and advice to the Deputy Director of Herat region (Management team) as related to Contract Management.
3. Assist the National Regional Team Leader (Deputy Director) in the preparation of monthly and quarterly progress reports including comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Additional programs will be utilized by the Consultant to be able to do a fair comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions. Some of these programs are: Trend Program, Forecasting;
4. Monitor progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures and planned schedule (Items: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Technical Procedure, Contract Management and quality control);
5. Participate in the evaluation for pre-qualification of the contractors, expression of interest for short listing, tenders and proposal and assist in preparing the corresponding report;
6. Prepare Contract Management Plans for the on-going civil works in order to expedite project implementation;
7. Conduct ad-hoc and regular meetings with contractors to discuss issues and problems affecting the progress to take corrective measures in consultation with Management Team;
8. Review any variation order proposed by the contractor and provide advice to the Management Team in accordance with the contract clauses;
9. Assist in reviewing all claims submitted by the Contractor and provide advice to the Management team on the validity of the claim, the effect of such claim on the construction schedule and the cost of the project;
10. Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on the progress of all contracted works, including completed and outstanding activities, by comparing against Contract Work Plan and BOQ (Bill of Quantities);
11. Advise for preparing required justification and proposal for variation orders against the various contracts and process them for WB NOL/approvals;
12. Conduct continuous review of the OK Cards system, construction manual and specifications to improve their relevance in light of experience gained from implementation;
13. Review and clear Contractors’ payment requests in accordance with the contract provisions; and by checking all technical measurements and rates; verification of quality assurance; authentication of certifications, corroboration of completed works against past outstanding activities and determination of remaining activities on the basis of work plan and BOQ specifications;
14. Assist in following up with officials/contractors/suppliers for improving the pace of work (whenever slow progress is noted);
15. Issue timely intimations for completion of contracts as per schedule;
16. Coordinate/advise for sorting out contractual disputes/bottlenecks related to various contracts;
17. Assist in preparation of various follow up letters/reminders/contractual notices for the contractors/suppliers;
18. Assist in organize seminars and workshops on relevant contract management challenges and lessons learned from the implementation for project staff and contractors;
19. Follow up the third party monitoring deviations with supervisors and QC department.
20. Assisting the Deputy Director with preparation of the new proposals of sub projects.
• Having at least Bachelor’s Degree of civil Engineering with 5 years of relevant Experience.
• (Master’s Degree in Construction Management from a recognized University is Desirable).
• Fluency in English and National Languages.
• Must be familiar with the Ms Office Package, Outlooks and other Engineering software’s.
• Must be familiar with MS projects or primavera software’s.
• Must be familiar with scheduling
Afghanistan - Herat
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP) under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he/she meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 as revised in October 2006 and May 2010).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Technical Expert Pool Head at DABS||Kabul||29 Jun 2018|
|Re-Announced Geotechnical Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Re-Announced Hydraulic Engineer at MPW-NRAP inc||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|HEATING VENTILATION & AIR CONDITIONING CRAFTS.. at NATO Afghanistan - Res..||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|آمر آبرسانی شهر زرنج at Afghanistan Urban Water Supply a..||Nimruz||30 Jun 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Khan Group int'l||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Site Inspector (Civil Engineering) at DABS||Kabul||05 Jul 2018|
|Consultant Site Engineering Services (Monitor.. at Sayed Majidi Architect..||Kabul||01 Jul 2018|
|LEAD ENGINEER ASSISTANT at Global Technology||Kabul||03 Jul 2018|
|Radio Engineer SME at MOIA||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|National QC Specialist for QC Department of P.. at Ministery of Energy an..||Kabul||02 Jul 2018|
|Construction Supervisor for PCU Kabul Region .. at Ministery of Energy an..||Daikondi||02 Jul 2018|
|Internship at DABS||Kabul||26 Jun 2018|
|Senior Resident Engineer at Trans-Hindukush Road Connectivity Project (TH..||Multi Cities||25 Jun 2018|
|Technical Officer at Appleton Consulting Services||Kabul||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic Survey Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Topographic survey assistant at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Social and Resettlement Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Irrigation Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydro-Mechanical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Hydrologist at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Geotechnical Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Senior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Estimator Junior at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Environmental Support Staff at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Electro-Mechanical / Instrumentation Engineer at Imrani Energy Constructi..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Hydro-Mechanical at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Electro-Mechanical and Instru.. at Imrani Energy Construc..||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Design Engineer Civil at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Civil Engineer at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|
|Auto CAD Drafter at Imrani Energy Construction||Multi Cities||30 Jun 2018|