National QC Specialist for QC Department of PCU Kabul main office (To follow the Third party monitoring deviations)(1103 Views)
About Ministery of Energy and Water
The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Ministry of Energy & Water has received a grant from the International Development Association toward the cost of Irrigation Restoration and Development Project, and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this “grant” to payments for hiring the services of following qualified national individual consultants.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||(C-011-18)|
|Closing Date:||02 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Follow up the correction of the deviations which will receive from the third party monitoring company with regional office.
2. Prepare the final report of the reply of the deviations and submit to the third party monitoring company.
3. Participate in the meeting with third party monitoring and explain the progress report on the reply of the deviations.
4. Conduct training for the regional office about the proper method of correction the deviations.
5. Provide proper solution to the deviations while the regional office need technical assistance from the QC department of the PCU-Kabul office.
6. Having knowledge of using all the quality control testing equipment’s required as per the project requirements, likewise; los-Angeles abrasion test, gravel shape test, gravel crushing test, impact value test, gradation, gradation and silt test for sand, sieve analysis, slump test, concrete compressive strength test, steel yield strength test, proctor test, field density test, different soil tests and similar.
7. Guiding the regional QC Engineers and supervisors on the earthwork.
8. Guiding the regional office QC Engineer regarding the concrete works (Hot weather concreting and cool weather concreting).
9. Guiding the regional office engineers about the usage of the comical admixture.
10. Conduct training about the advance concreting and benefit the usage of admixtures.
11. guiding the contractors for using proper methods for testing and use of suitable construction materials and equipment’s in the field
12. conduct and report on the quality control testing in the field as per the technical specifications with proper conclusion and recommendation
13. prepare and participate in training courses and on-the-job training for the site implementing staff/companies, contractors’ supervisors and communities in the quality control testing measures and use of testing tools/equipment;
14. Follow up the daily QC report from the sub projects.
15. Guiding the regional office in terms of the PPE and safety of the site of project.
16. Assist the gender social and gender officers of the regional office to implement all required steps of ESMP and project documents.
17. Perform any other duties as required by the PCU Director.
• Having at least Bachelor’s Degree of civil Engineering with 5 years of relevant Experience.
• Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized University well preferable.
• Fluency in English and National Languages.
• Must be familiar with the Ms Office Package, Outlooks and other computer software’s.
• Having experience of the working with third party monitoring of World Bank founded projects and ARTF is preferable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
The Project Coordination Unit (PCU) of Project: Irrigation Restoration and Development Project (IRDP) under Ministry of Energy and water now invites National eligible consultants to indicate their interest. Interested eligible candidates must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services and are invited to submit their CV (Curriculum Vitae), including employment records, description of similar assignments carried out, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills etc.
The covering application letter should indicate that he/she meets all the required qualifications and experience (as mentioned above) quoting references to various paragraphs of CV to demonstrate this.
A consultant will be selected in accordance with Section V Selection of Individual Consultants procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (May 2004 as revised in October 2006 and May 2010).
Interested eligible consultants may obtain further information from the address below during the office hours 08:00 am to 16:30 pm from Saturday to Wednesday or by e-mail.
Expressions of interest must be delivered or sent by e-mail to the address below no later than
Eng. Nasir Ahmad “Ahadi”
Acting Director of Project Coordination Unit PCU
Ministry of Energy and Water
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Rohullah.firstname.lastname@example.org
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Engineering Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Structural Engineer at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Proposal Writer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Cost Estimation Engineer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|