Operations/Grants Officer(1011 Views)
About FHI 360 - USWDP Project
The Afghanistan University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) is helping Afghanistan’s higher education professionals to manage the growth of tertiary education while improving academic quality. Building on the successes of previous USAID funded projects, USWDP is implementing activities that improve the management capacity of the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and 11 public universities to ensure quality higher education and employment for a larger number of Afghan men and women. The project assists in developing learning environments that foster well qualified and professional faculty members, highly capable and motivated students, diverse and market-oriented academic programs, sustainable public-private collaboration, international university partnerships, and other innovations that move Afghanistan toward the higher education system it deserves.
The Operations/Grants Officer is a member of the USWDP operations team; he/she takes the lead in all issues related to administrative matters of grant coordination for USWDP. Under the leadership of the Director of Finance & Administration, he/she will provide administrative day-to-day support on grants to project beneficiaries, including close out of the grants program. The Operations/Grants Officer will work closely with the Finance, Procurement and Home Office (HO) Program Officer to ensure effective administrative management and monitoring of the grants program, with a focus on compliance with USAID rules and regulations.
Duration of Employment: Until end of December 2018.
|Date Posted:||13 Jun 2018||Reference:||469|
|Closing Date:||24 Jun 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||General||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Operations/Grants Officer is a full-time, professional position located at the USWDP project office in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Key responsibilities and tasks of the position include:
1. Under the leadership of DFA and in close coordination with Technical and Procurement teams, take lead on timely completion of administrative paperwork required for formulating, negotiating, obtaining approvals, executing, monitoring, and processing funds request for grants, mainly in-kind grants (IKGs);
2. Work with Finance and Procurement department to track, reconcile and monitor IKGs activities on a monthly basis and ensure timely filing of all paperwork in hard and electronic forms.
3. Work with relevant department to locate and file any missing documents within 30 days of the execution of grant activities; Bring any irregularities to the attention of DFA.
4. Work with DFA to review and analyze grant budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency;
5. Develop complete grant packages using existing templates with the required back-up documentation for each grant (i.e., In-kind Grants, Fixed-Award Amount, etc) and work with the HO Program Officer to obtain the required Contract Management Services and USAID Approval;
6. Establish and maintain a proper filing system to maintain a complete record of all types of grants issued by the project in the field;
7. Coordinate with technical teams and HO to facilitate grantee signatures on contracting documents, draft memos, prepare goods-received notes, maintain equipment lists, and manage expense trackers;
8. Coordinate grant-related purchases with Finance and Procurement team;
9. Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
Key qualifications of the Operations/Grants Officer include:
• Bachelor degree in one of the following or related fields preferred: Project Management, Business Administration, Finance, International Relations, or related field; or 7 years of experience providing administrative support on international projects, preferably USAID.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in project operational support; candidates with grant and contract management experience are preferred
• Strong communication skills; Articulate and professional, and ability to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English, and should have working knowledge of Dari and Pashto languages.
• Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO), government agency, or private organization.
• Excellent organizational, time management, prioritization skills, and attention to detail are required. Our values (IMPACT): USWDP employees are expected to demonstrate the below mentioned organizational values in their day to day work.
• Innovation to meet the evolving needs of our beneficiaries, funders and partners.
• Mutual respect for diversity and cultural differences.
• Passion driven by a personal commitment to make a positive difference.
• Accountability for our work, measuring, reporting and continually improving all that we do.
• Commitment to excellence assured by the highest ethical, quality, operational performance and scientific standards.
• Teamwork across disciplines and geographies, within the organization and with our partners.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
In order to apply for this position please open below mentioned link in new tab of your internet browser, follow the instructions and apply through our online recruiting system:-
|More jobs in this category|
|(معاون تحویلدار (ننگرهار at DABS||Nangarhar||31 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس امور تنظیمی at National Medicine and Healthcare ..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس آګاهی عامه at National Medicine and Healthcare Pr..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|کارشناس تعین قیمت ها at National Medicine and Healthcare..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator (Balkh) at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Balkh||25 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیریت تحویخانه (.. at DABS||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Engineering, Construction and manufacturing||Kabul||09 Nov 2018|
|Outreach Coordinator/ Herat at Ministry of Public Health||Herat||23 Oct 2018|
|صفا کارسب ستیشن امارات at DABS||Kabul||22 Oct 2018|
|Liaison Officer at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||24 Oct 2018|