About Kabul Taj Hotel
newly established hotel
We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes. You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations. If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
|Date Posted:||25 Jun 2018||Reference:||KTG-003|
|Closing Date:||16 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Services||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan, Indian, Iranian, Pakistani, Turkish||Salary Range:||200 to 300 USD|
|Contract Type:||Special Service Contract||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||2019 Year(s) & 7 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||15 Days|
Duties and Responsibilities
Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
Cook food in a timely manner
Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
Inform wait staff about daily specials
Ensure appealing plate presentation
Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
Monitor food stock and place orders
Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
Excellent time management abilities
Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
Familiarity with sanitation regulations
Culinary school diploma preferred
• Well versed in planning menus, establishing the size of food portions, estimating food requirements and costs, and ordering supplies.
• Skilled in preparing food for cooking and adding appropriate seasoning.
• Strongly familiar with different types of meats and vegetables and their cooking times.
• Highly experienced in performing food quality inspections to ensure that all food items conform to hygiene standards.
• Well-honed artistic skills aimed at arranging and presenting food in a manner pleasing to the eye.
• Solid know-how of carving and preparing different types of meats for boiling, frying and steaming.
• Competent at mixing the right amount of ingredients according to weight and type.
• Track record of operating big ovens and cooking ranges.
• Special talent for preparing different types of cuisines, relishes, and salads.
• Highly experienced in performing preventative and general maintenance on kitchen equipment.
• Hands-on experience in handling cooking staff efficiently and directing it to ensure handling of kitchen functions.
• Track record of following best hygiene and sanitation practices aimed at providing quality food services.
• Absolute flexibility aimed at trying and testing new recipes to add new items to existing menus.
• Able to prepare specialized health food items.
• Strong background in handling kitchen functions such as supplies and inventory management and cooking staff schedules and records.
• Documented success in preparing and cooking special meals for patients as initiated by dietitian or chef.
• Demonstrated ability to set up and supervise buffets.
• Able to maintain accurate inventory and records of food, supplies, and utensils.
• Committed to maintaining a clean kitchen and work area.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
follow up after your job interview
|More jobs in this category|
|آشپز at موسسه تحصیلات عالی افغانستان||Kabul||18 Nov 2018|
|CLEANER / WORKER at NATO Afghanistan - Resolute Support||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|