Inventory Intern(2050 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Store Department is seeking qualified candidates for full-time positions as Inventory intern based in Kabul.
Under the overall direct supervision of Store manager the incumbent will ensure the integrity of assets management and property control systems and mechanisms in place as per the policy and procedures, property and inventory management; receiving, issuing, returning, disposal and inspections of AUAF property Fixed and Non Fixed assets and performs relevant duties assigned from time to time by supervisor.
|Date Posted:||27 Jun 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||15 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Inventory record management
• Data entry register, record and maintains inventory accountability and control all AUAF fixed and non-fixed-assets
• Tagging and making GRN for new purchased fixed and non fixed assets with coordination of warehouse staff
• Maintain inventory records deliveries, receiving, issuing, returning and keep up to date record of all AUAF assets
• Monitors the property control system which includes moving, returning, issuing using standard forms as per the policy and procedures
• Keeps up to date records of all lost, stolen and damaged items and report them on need basis to store manager
• Assist to prepare and maintain record of disposal assets for review and final decision
• Count and verify inventory list of each department on regular basis to make sure that inventory list and physical count result are accurate
• Assist store manager on his daily activities and operation
• performs general office duties including inventory filling, hard and soft copy
Assets count and control
• Assist and coordinates activities and property movement and management of fixed assets for disposal, surplus, storage or salvage,
• Check and process requests from AUAF staff and handle them for assets available in store
• With guidance of the Store Manager, plane, organize and implement physical count of Fixed and Non Fixed assets of all AUAF property including provincial offices on regular basis.
• Find discrepancies during physical count and conduct inspection
• Print and prepare bar-code and tag number for new purchased assets and damaged bar-code as necessary.
• Arrange and organize assets in main store and other site stores with coordination of warehouse supervisor
• Ensure that returning assets have all the necessary documents, return form plus Loss and damage form with approval
• Report any discrepancy and illegal issues to store manager
• Regularly physical count, spot check and update store assets inventory list of warehouse
• Provides assistance for disposal of fixed assets and non fixed assets and adjust them in system
• Assist Store Manager in coordination of auction activities including releasing items for auction, providing descriptions, photographing items, reconciliation and preparation of monthly auction disposal report.
• Troubleshoots any assigned problems with purchase orders, deliveries, or pickups that require special attention.
• Provides backup assistance to the warehouse as required including receiving Assets, pulling General Stores items, delivering assets to campuses, pulling auctions, and store operation whenever required.
• Provides necessary inventory reports for Store Manager, and audit whenever required.
• Weekly and monthly update report of inventory to Store manger
• Provide damaged and lost assets report as requested
• Provide list of disposal assets ready for auction
• Assist in providing report on final physical count and report any discrepancies on time
• Provide information to store manager for Investigation and act on matters related to compliance, including the review of documents and other information that is relevant to compliance activities.
• To facilitate on maintenance schedules, for regular inspection and repairs of store equipment or returns.
• To perform any other duties as assigned by Store manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school graduate. Bachelor degree is preferred
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills
• Good communication and organizational skills, ability to work under pressure in a team-oriented environment and work with all levels
• Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through
• Providing administrative assistance in relation to warehouse and inventory control activities
• Maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
• Work under pressure and meet the deadline
• Physical Requirements Required
• Demonstrated proficiency using standard office software applications and ERP and inventory management software is preferred
• Work safely and follow safety rules
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
High School, Administrative
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Inventory Intern” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before July 115th, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Data Entry Operator at NETLINKS||Kabul||23 Nov 2018|
|Facility Management Assistant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Baheer Group of Companies (BGC)||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|رئیس اداری وتدارکات at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|کارمند تفتیش at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|Inventory Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|محافظ at DABS/KBD||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|