BoS (Board of Supervisors)(1108 Views)
About Ghazanfar Bank
Bank is operational from 1st of March 2009and is embarking on expansion with branches and is finding ways for expanding its network further to successfully in almost all key provinces of Afghanistan and is looking for qualified professionals for the advertised position.
A. The Board of Supervisors should define appropriate governance structures and practices for its own work, and put in place the means for such practices to be followed and periodically reviewed for ongoing effectiveness.
B. The Board of Supervisors should structure itself in terms of leadership, size and the use of committees so as to effectively carry out its oversight role and other responsibilities. This includes ensuring that the Board has the time and means to cover all necessary subjects in sufficient depth and have a robust discussion of issues.
C. The chair of the Board of Supervisors plays a crucial role in the proper functioning of the Board of Supervisors. The chair provides leadership to the board and is responsible for its effective overall functioning, including maintaining a relationship of trust with board members. The chair should possess the requisite experience, competencies and personal qualities in order to fulfill these responsibilities. The chair should ensure that board decisions are taken on a sound and well informed basis. The chair should encourage and promote critical discussion and ensure that dissenting views can be freely expressed and discussed within the decision-making process. The chair should dedicate sufficient time to the exercise of his or her responsibilities.
D. To promote checks and balances, the chair of the Board of Supervisors should be an independent or non-executive board member.
|Date Posted:||27 Jun 2018||Reference:||GB002|
|Closing Date:||27 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Unknown/Other|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||15 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
A. The Board of Supervisors of a bank shall have the following duties and powers:
1. Convene each session of the General Assembly and adopt the agenda for each session;
2. Approve the bank’s organizational structure;
3. Make decisions regarding the establishment and dissolving of subsidiaries, branch offices and representative offices of the bank;
4. Appoint, dismiss and determine the remuneration of the members of Board of Management of the bank;
5. Oversee the performance of the bank’s Board of Management;
6. Approve the bank’s business strategy and annual budget;
7. Approve policies for the conduct of operation performance, including the bank’s risk management policy, dealing with conflict of interest and issuance of guidance to Board of Management for implementation of those policies;
8. Determine the conditions under which credits may be granted by bank employees, and which credits require approval of the Board of Supervisors;
9. Ensure the establishment, functionality, appropriateness, adherence of DAB law and regulations and adequacy of internal controls and risk management for the bank;
10. Ensure the integrity of the bank’s financial reporting, including financial reporting to Da Afghanistan Bank;
11. Ensure that appropriate Internal Audit function is established;
12. Make recommendations to the General Assembly on matters requiring shareholder approval;
13. Make recommendations to the General Assembly concerning appointment of the external audit firm for the bank;
14. Ensure execution of bank’s annual external audit, which includes the auditor’s opinion of the truth and accuracy of the bank’s financial statements;
15. Make decisions concerning capital distributions, subject to requirements of Law and regulations of Da Afghanistan Bank, and what amount of the net profit of the bank shall be transferred to bank reserve;
16. Making decisions in accordance with the requirements of this law and related regulations regarding distribution of capital and net profit of bank which is determined as reserve fund.
17. Immediately inform Da Afghanistan Bank in writing, or require the Board of Management to do so, of any deterioration in the financial situation of the bank, or danger of such deterioration, and any other facts that may materially affect the financial situation of the bank, and in particular if the bank becomes undercapitalized;
18. Ensure implementations of directives and instructions of Da Afghanistan Bank;
19. Decide on other matters placed in the competence of the Board of Supervisors by the bank’s charter or by-laws.
20. The chair person of Board of Supervisors is responsible to introduce members of Board of Management to DAB for approval in no more than three months after the positions becomes vacant.
B. The Board of Supervisors is ultimately responsible, and is accountable to all stakeholders (including the General Assembly, depositors, and DAB) for the conduct of the bank’s affairs and condition. Although the board members cannot guarantee success, they are expected to supervise bank operations to ensure that they reflect sound planning, are effectively governed by comprehensive policies and internal control procedures, and are administered by competent management. While the Board of Supervisors may depend upon the Management Board’s technical, industrial, and managerial expertise to run the bank’s day-to-day operations, the board members remain responsible for ensuring that those operations are properly controlled, comply with the policies adopted by the Board of Supervisors and applicable laws and notifications, and are consistent with sound banking practices.
In meeting its overall commitment to the bank’s General Assembly, depositors, and community, the Board of Supervisors must:
1. Ensure competent management;
2. Ensure that appropriate plans and policies are in place;
3. Monitor operations; ensure adequate internal controls and compliance with laws and decisions;
4. Oversee financial performance of the bank;
5. Prevent Conflicts of Interest;
Minimum 15 years handful of experience in working at the senior management/ supervisory board level position in the financial section. Desires age level should not be more than 60 years.
Qualification and Experience
The candidates must have Master degree / CA / CPA / ACCA / Law and any other acceptable professional qualification .
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Banking
|More jobs in this category|
|صراف Teller (Main Branch) at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||10 Oct 2018|
|Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|