Chief Financial Officer (Re-announced)(1084 Views)
About GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan
Who we are
GEO-CHEM Middle East is a multinational fuel testing company which is operating in 37 countries of the globe. GEO-CHEM Middle East is registered with Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA), under License No. I – 11999. GEO-CHEM Middle East started its operations in Afghanistan in October 2012 through a contract with Afghanistan National Standard Authority (ANSA) of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan to test fuel, lubrications and gas entering to Afghanistan for quality control. GEO-CHEM Middle East’s main office is located in Kabul while sites offices are established in the seven ports/borders in the compound of Afghanistan’s border custom houses.
The Head Quarter is located in Dubai City, United Arab Emirate (UAE).
Under overall supervision and guidance of CEO and direct supervision of COO, the Chief Financial Officer primarily responsible for managing the financial risk of the company with leading and assistance overall finance department with all financial activities including accounts and spending, payment, sales, budget and forecasting, regular reporting.
|Date Posted:||30 Jun 2018||Reference:||1331-GCME-2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Account/Finance||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance;
• To participate in the development of the corporation's financial management plan, policy and SOPs in compliance with international standards regulations and guidelines;
• To enforce policies and procedures of the company by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the company;
• To develop credibility for finance department by providing timely and accurate budget analysis, financial report and financial trend in order to assist the CEO/President and BOD;
• To provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the company financial prospects in alliance acquisitions, mergers and investment;
• To evaluate the finance team structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of finance department;
• To improve finance team performance through capacity building and provide technical financial advices and knowledge to others within the financial discipline;
• To develop reporting mechanism and reliable cash flow project process to minimize cash threshold and optimizing handling banks.
• To provide financial records and documents in timely manners for internal, external and government auditors and ensure that the company complies with all regulatory requirement;
• To monitor all financial issues and mitigate key elements of company risk profile and legal issues affecting the industry;
• To hold regular communication and discussion with other departments and stakeholders such as Project Management, Administration, Contract/Procurement, Site offices and Banks;
• To ensure that accurate and complete filing system for all financial records and documents is well established and properly maintained and ensure transparency and accountability of company’s finances;
• To demonstrate behavior of professional and personal ethics, transparency and openness, to gain respect and similar behaviors of colleagues in the workplace;
• To manage financial software i.e. QuickBooks and verification of entered data
• To make monthly budget, forecast and ensure that forecasted amount is transferred to site offices accounts, employees accounts
• To coordinate with financial administrative and sales staff
• To prepare bank reconciliation and financial reports and sharing with management
• To identify risks in financial system and suggest new control mechanisms
• To verify all financial documents before making any payments and letting the concerned department know in case of any omissions, mistakes before going ahead
• To coordinate with Internal audit regarding income tax, vendor tax and salary tax
• He/She is responsible for advances liquidation from employees, loan installments deduction from salaries, and employees’ pension scheme
• To perform any other related duties as directed by the CEO/COO;
• Excellent working knowledge of English, both written and verbal. Fluent, both written and verbally, in Dari/Pashto;
• Good working knowledge of MS Office application (Word, MS Project, Excel), email and able to easily navigate internet;
• Be able to uphold and respect Contracts ethics and to conduct activities with integrity;
• Is a team player who demonstrates patience, flexibility and honesty;
• Be willing and able to meet tight deadlines and work long hours when required;
• Is a self-starter, who is able to plan and manage their own work, takes initiative and strives to meet deadlines;
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting is required;
• Microsoft Access or Financial software certification; Familiarity with QuickBooks software
• ACCA Papers or Master Degree in relevant areas is an asset;
• At least 7 years’ work experience in finance, accounting, and audit is required;
• Experience with INGOs, International Companies, WB and UN Agencies or an international organization is essential;
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Account/Finance
Please send your CV before closing date 15 Jul 2018 with a cover letter in a single PDF or word file explaining how you meet the required competencies. Interested applicants should submit their applications in writing (clearly indicating on the sealed envelope the title of the position) to: Human Resources Department, GEO-CHEM Middle East, 01st Street, Sherpur, Kabul Afghanistan.
Or email your applications to below mentioned email addresses indicating the position title (Chief Financial Officer) at subject line of your email before closing date.
For more detailed information about GEO-CHEM Middle East please visit our website www.geochem.af
NOTE: Kindly make sure to write the position title in the subject line of your emails, otherwise your CVs may not be considered for the further process.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for test and interview.
We encourage you to apply immediately as we review resumes and conduct interviews on a daily basis.
|More jobs in this category|
|Finance Officer at IFRC||Kabul||05 Aug 2018|
|Accounting& Finance Manager at Tolo Fajer Plastic Industry Company||Kabul||22 Dec 2018|
|Finance and Admin Manager at Sadat Business Group Ltd||Kabul||06 Aug 2018|
|Finance Officer at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Finance Assistant at Sayed Majidi Architecture and Design (SMAD)||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|(معتمد (تحویلدار at DABS||Wardak||27 Jul 2018|
|Internal Audit Specialist at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Cashier at MAIL||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Finance Manager at OXUS Consulting Group||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Accountant at Abdul Majeed Ali Uhaul Ltd||Kabul||15 Aug 2018|
|SENIOR ACCESS TO FINANCE ADVISOR at DAI||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Finance Assistant/Cash Custodian at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) N..||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Assistant Manager Finance at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Finance Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|