Senior Petroleum Advisor to MoMP/GDP(635 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MOMP) has a mandate to deliver on the Government’s vision for sustainable, market-based, economically successful minerals and hydrocarbons sectors that encourages and protects private capital investments and enterprises as set out in the Constitution of Afghanistan. Our mission is to be an enabler of the oil and gas sector’s development and steward of all mineral, hydrocarbon, and ground water resources through the implementation of international best practice policies, regulations, and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
The Ministry is responsible to administer, enforce, and supervise the Exploration and Production Sharing Contract (EPSC) with the International Oil Companies and other donor projects. Our mission is to ensure that the exploration, discovery, development, and delivery of Afghanistan petroleum takes place in a manner that is fair, responsible and in the public interest. In assessing the public interest GDP has regard for public safety, environmental stewardship, and social and economic impacts. We also pay careful attention to stakeholder concerns and are transparent and accountable to all relevant shareholders, primarily the public, industry, and the Government of Afghanistan.
The Senior Petroleum Advisor is responsible for monitoring, enforcing, and supervising all technical aspects of the EPSCs and other oil and gas projects according to Afghanistan’s Hydrocarbon Law and Regulations and the various contracts. Additionally, the Senior Petroleum Advisor shall advise the Minister in commercial, technical, operational, and strategic matters, regarding the development of the oil and gas sector in Afghanistan, including technical support in future tenders, in line with international best practices. In addition to recommendations, the advisor shall be responsible for mentoring and training MOMP staff with a priority placed on transferring practical skills required for technical operations such as exploration, well design, casing design, completion, drilling and production. The advisor will be responsible for the development of research and development department of the MOMP, which will work with national and international researchers.
|Date Posted:||01 Jul 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PDP/Senior Petroleum Advisor to General Directorate of Petroleum|
|Closing Date:||14 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan on based on job description.
2. Provide technical advice on Drilling deep wells, Completion requirements, Work over strategies, Production methods and Well tests.
3. Assist the MoMP in oil and gas reserve estimates, field appraisal, and field development strategies and liaison with major donors interacting with the MoMP, primarily the ADB, USAID, World Bank, etc.
4. Advise the Minister of Mines and Petroleum on technical and commercial matters pertaining to oil and gas development and enforces, supervises, and monitors the technical, health, safety, and environmental aspects of EPSCs and various projects in accordance to Afghanistan’s Hydrocarbons Law and Regulations.
5. Provide practical recommendations on the field development and optimized exploitation of Yatimtaq and Jarkuduq fields.
6. Provide ongoing technical assistance capacity development work with GDP, particularly regarding existing contracts.
7. The advisor shall assist in verifying and tracking quantities of hydrocarbons produced, stored, and sold and shall participate in joint calibration of meters.
8. Provide analytical support to theMinister in relation to the various oil and gas projects and assist in commercial and economic functions of the hydrocarbon projects.
9. Provide recommendations in developing oil and gas policy for the MoMP.
10. Provide guidance independently to the MoMP that may not be consistent with traditional Afghan ways of doing business and must be steadfast in the ability to convince high-ranking officials of new technologies and management methods.
11. Development of research and development wing in collaboration with international and national researchers.
12. Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager based on the laws, regulations, and objectives of the organization.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• organizational and planning skills
• communication skills
• information gathering and monitoring skills
• problem analysis and problem solving skills
• judgment and decision-making ability
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• At least Bachelor degree in Petroleum Engineering (or comparable engineering degree) or any other related subjects from any recognized accredited university. (Master’s degree is strongly preferred).
• Minimum of 5-7 years of work experience in petroleum engineering, upstream oil and gas development, or related functions.
• Excellent knowledge of technical issues related to well design, rig specifications, drilling, selection of tubing, casing, cementing, completion, re-entry, work over, and production.
• Detailed knowledge of international oil industry standards and understanding of Health, Safety, and Environment.
• Must have extensive experience dealing with Ministry-level individuals on such matters as oil and gas field development and other petroleum and energy related topics.
• Extensive working experience in the existing hydrocarbon projects is a distinct advantage.
• Experience preparing reports to donors and clients and coordinating the compliance to grant requirements is an asset.
• Fluency in English (reading, writing, listening, and speaking).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 14/July/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PDP/Senior Petroleum Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Main Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!