Senior MIS Officer for MoMP/ IT Directorate(1208 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The PSU is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Senior MIS Officer to work in IT Directorate at MoMP.
To support the development and enhancement of Ministry of Mines and Petroleum systems, databases, brochure sites and portals using web standards.
|Date Posted:||01 Jul 2018||Reference:||MoMP/PSU/ Senior MIS Officer (IT Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||14 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. To report to IT director.
3. To support the development and enhancement of Ministry of Mines and Petroleum systems, databases, brochure sites and portals using web standards.
4. To take a lead role in the provision of a direct service to management and staff, including the development of systems and the presentation of data in a usable format.
5. To supervise the database specialists to perform their duties within due time.
6. To Work within a project team to ensure that elements of a project are delivered on time and within specifications.
7. To contribute to the design and architecture experience with agile development and programming methodologies.
8. Develop the complete MIS/Database system for Ministry of Petroleum and Mines along with the coordination of Database specialists.
9. MIS/Database system should be developed based on the requirements and specifications of Ministry of Mines and Petroleum.
10. To provide regular and effective progress updates to the director of IT and should work closely with other team members to ensure management of any delivery risks or issues.
11. Should gather requirements, design, develop new business logic in Dynamics AX latest versions or customize existing business logic.
12. Should define the delivery phases of the project including activities, sub-activities, and milestones, ensuring that these are documented and used as the base for the project event log, issues and risk log or any other subsequent reporting.
13. Should take responsibility for ensuring that risks and issues are identified and managed closely and drive all Stockholders to deliver on time and to the required quality standards of project.
14. Should support project resources’ scheduling and department capacity planning.
15. Should be able to develop standard operation procedures (S.O.P) for the organization.
16. Should manage the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from the design through release.
17. Perform the duties under the IT director and take account any other task assigned by the supervisor.
2. Experience in Java EE and SE would be an asset.
3. Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from design through code level.
4. Should have the knowledge of using Visio software to develop flowcharts or any other thing deemed necessary.
5. Should have worked with different RDBMS systems like MS-SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL and PosGre SQL.
6. Should be familiar with basic and complex SQL queries.
7. Should be familiar with DML, DDL and UML concepts.
8. Should be familiar with different diagram concepts like flowcharts, ERDs and many more.
9. Should be familiar with MS-Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
10. Should be familiar on how to take the lead of the development process.
1. Have bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science and any other related field with 5 years of related professional experience and Master Degree will be preferred.
2. Have worked with the national, international and government organizations within Afghanistan.
3. Have demonstrated experience in development of Management Information Systems and databases.
4. Have demonstrated experience in development of Enterprise Resource planning.
5. Have developed MIS/Database systems for various organizations especially government organizations.
6. Have the knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle and Agile software methodologies of software development.
7. Have a strong concept of Object Oriented Programming and Model View Controller Patterns.
8. Have worked as a lead of MIS/Database at different organizations.
9. Perform any other task related to the field assigned by the Director of IT.
10. Should have demonstrated experience in training of the technical and non-technical staff regarding database issues.
11. Strong experience in working with MS-SQL reporting tools and development of complex reports.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file, Educational and Work experiences documents) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 14/July/ 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/ Senior MIS Officer must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, 4th floor, Mail Building, Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|IT Operations Associate at United Nations World Food Programme||Badakhshan||27 Nov 2018|
|ICT Officer- Female at FHI360/HEMAYAT||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Officer - IS Security ( Re - Posting) at MTN Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|NOC Engineer at io Global Services Private Limited||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Senior MIS Specialist (مرکز) at DABS||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Manager Information Technology at Habib Bank Ltd||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Database Manager at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Re - ( آموزگار کمپیوتر ( مرک.. at DABS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Assistant Manager IT Security at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Senior Officer Applications at Afghanistan International Bank||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|HMIS Database Developer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|IT Specialist/ Officer at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Adjunct Instructor / Asst. Professor / Assoc... at American University of..||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|IT Admin at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|