Project Officer(1322 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit international development organization committed to improving lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. Informed by six decades of experience and deep local expertise, its programs address critical issues affecting Asia in the 21st century − governance and law, economic development, women's empowerment, environment, and regional cooperation. Headquartered in San Francisco, The Foundation works through a network of offices in 18 Asian countries and in Washington, DC.
The project, “bridging the gap between formal and informal justice” is a cooperation between the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Germany (BMZ/GIZ Rule of Law Project) and the Asia Foundation in Afghanistan. The project aims to improve the links and exchanges between different justice sector stakeholders; strengthen their relationship and improve the quality of justice services within the different sectors; and support capacity building of both informal and formal justice actors in Afghanistan leading to better overall access to justice for the population.
The project will be implemented under two primary components:
Component 1 focuses on the interaction between formal and informal justice providers. An important element of this component is the support of the development, drafting and implementation of the Law on Conciliation on Civil Disputes, which will regulate the relationship between formal and informal justice providers and establish unified standards for their interaction.
Component 2 focuses on activities implemented for stakeholders from the formal and informal justice sectors, with GIZ focussing mainly on actors of the formal justice system and The Foundation on informal justice providers. Activities include building the capacity of (male and female) jirga members and strengthening the capacities of formal legal aid providers (like legal clinics or Gender Focal Points). Another major aim of the project, under both components, is strengthening the linkages between the different justice sectors while synergy activities will be implemented wherever possible. And throughout all activities, a special focus will be placed on improving the conditions of women in Afghanistan.
Project Officer will provide essential administrative and technical support to the project(s) and will work with the Project Manager and other team members to achieve project success.
• Managing project(s) operations and administration
• Managing budget administration and financial reporting
• Project(s) oversight and reporting
|Date Posted:||05 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA# 19/2018|
|Closing Date:||28 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Programme||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
Line Management: Implementing partners, short-term programme staff/consultants and federal and provincial relevant line departments.
1. Support the coordination and implementation of the WEP projects
• Provide support to Project Manager to implement and coordinate the “bridging gaps between formal and informal justice sectors” project.
• Prepare work plans for various elements/ components of the project under the guidance of the Project Manager.
• Monitor progress on regular basis and give suggestions to Project Manager and Director WEP on a timely manner for corrective actions, if necessary.
• Liaise and maintain regular contact with implementing partner(s) and relevant line departments to support high-quality project(s) implementation, including M&E.
• Keep track and monitor changes if any in project implementation and inform the Project Manager and Director WEP.
• Ensure timely preparation of monthly progress updates to the Project Manager and Director WEP.
• Liaise with other departments such as administration and finance in obtaining and presenting information and data requested by Director WEP.
• Develop first draft of the donor reports and draft concept notes with Director WEP.
• Organize and coordinate exchange programmes for WEP and partners to attend regional conferences and workshops.
• Review all reports of implementing partners and provide feedback accordingly.
1. Budget Management
• Develop and manage the budget for each project working with Programme Officer and Project Manager.
• Manage payments to partners and contractors, coordinate with grant and finance departments for contract and financial issues of partners with Programme Officer and Project Manager.
• Ensure that regular financial reports (monthly, quarterly and annual) are prepared and submitted to Project Manager and Director WEP.
• Ensure smooth project(s) audits in collaboration with the finance department.
2. Organize Meetings
• Organize project meetings with the Project Manager to review progress and to discuss future steps.
• Organize appropriate meeting rooms and refreshments, contact the attendees and keep a note of any who can't attend. Send any relevant information, including agendas, papers, reports and presentations and attend each meeting to take minutes.
• Develop meeting minutes and keep a record of the meetings.
3. Maintain Documents
• Maintain Documents which track project progress.
• Maintain project documents in an appropriate database or library, and ensure that all documents are accurate and have been accepted by the Project Manager.
4. Identify Problems and Risks
• Identify Problems or Risks that could affect the progression of the project and communicate these to the Project Manager and Director WEP, and work to identify potential solutions.
5. Watch Project Schedule (Work plan)
• Check regularly that every deadline is met, and report any delays as soon as possible to Project Manager and Director WEP.
• Maintain good communication with colleagues and implementing partners, and checking that everyone understands tasks and is able to complete them on time, and alerting the Project Manager and Director WEP if they endanger the project.
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Strong report writing skills
• Fluency in English, Dari and Pashtu languages in speech, writing and comprehension
• Good interpersonal relations skills and ability to work with a diverse team of national and international staff
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Education: University degree in social sciences, business or law.
• Experience: Minimum three years of experience in programme sector. Working experience with international organizations will be preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
The applicant should submit a copy of his/her CV accompanied by a one-page cover letter stating why he/she is applying for this job and what value he/she can bring to the organization.
Along the CV and a cover letter, please provide contact details and completed Biodata 1420 Form, no later than July 28, 2018 to submission email.
Applicants’ without a completed Biodata 1420 Form will be automatically disqualified. Please access the Biodata 1420 Form from the link below.
Attached is 1420 form.
Applicant shall clearly indicate the position title and province applied for in the subject line of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interviews.
|More jobs in this category|
|Program Officer for MoMP/ Donor Coordination .. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||04 Aug 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy Capacity Buildin.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Public Outreach and Advocacy CSO Support Team.. at Checchi and Company Co..||Kabul||03 Aug 2018|
|Programme Policy Officer (SO3 Manager - Behav.. at United Nations World F..||Kabul||31 Jul 2018|
|APPS SME at MOIA||Kabul||30 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Democracy and .. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Management Assistant (Multiple Vacan.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Project Support Specialist at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|Program Assistant for MoMP/Chief of Staff at Ministry of Mines and Petrol..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|