Provincial Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant/Consultants(15388 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The proposed TAF/GIZ Rule of Law program (‘the Program’) is the continuation of the successful cooperation between the contracting parties. While supporting capacity building of both informal and formal justice actors in Afghanistan as such, the Program also aims at improving the links and exchange between the different stakeholders. Strengthening their relationship and improving the quality of justice services in the different systems, will lead to better overall access to justice for the population.
The Program is expected to work in two main components: Component 1 will focus on the interaction between formal and informal justice providers. Under this component different types of activities to increase communication and exchange between formal and informal actors will be introduced. Component 2 will focus on activities which are implemented for stakeholders of the formal and informal justice sectors, with TAF focussing mainly on actors of the informal justice providers. Activities include building the capacity of (male and female) jirga members and strengthening the capacities of teachers, students, religious leaders, etc. In both components, strengthening the linkages between the different systems will be a major aim and synergy activities will be conducted wherever possible. Throughout all activities, a special focus will be placed on improving the situation of women.
The main counterparts of the Program will be the Ministry of Justice (MoJ), the Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MoWA), the Ministry of Haj and Religious Affairs (MoHRA), state universities in the Northern Provinces, the Afghanistan Independent Bar Association (AIBA), Afghan Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and informal justice providers such as Jirgas and Shuras. The Program will also work with the provincial departments of the various counter parts.
The project has an overall term of 06/2018 to 05/2021.
This is a full-time, grant-funded Provincial M&E Assistant / consultant position, based in targeted provinces. The provincial M&E assistant /consultant will be responsible for the day to day monitoring and evaluation of activities of the Implementing Partners (IPs) in the provinces.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the management of the M&E databases, compilation of monthly, quarterly or semi – annual reporting, data entry of raw data in the respective provinces. She will also be responsible for the implementation of the project M&E plans and implementation of related monitoring tools. Additionally, she will assist in conducting baseline and end-line surveys or any other assessment activity in the respected province.
Reports to: WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul and WEP Director.
|Date Posted:||05 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA#18/2018|
|Closing Date:||28 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure that project outputs and outcomes are monitored regularly and findings are provided to the management team
• In collaboration with technical project staff and support from the WEP M&E Specialist (based in Kabul) assist in conducting baseline, end-line, FGDs, control groups discussions or any other assessment that will provide information about project progress towards targets
• Ensure that quantitative and qualitative data is collected and recorded in databases daily
• Conduct regular field monitoring visits to project activities sites and compile field visit reports for monitoring visits and submit to the WEP M&E Specialist
• With support from the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul, conduct reflection/discussion meetings with IP project staff and project beneficiaries on a quarterly basis to analyze implementation progress and trends to help the project management team to take corrective decisions if needed
• With support from the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul, facilitate learning training/workshops to build the capacity of project partners about monitoring and evaluation
• Compile monthly/quarterly and semi-annual reports for project indicators and submit to the WEP M&E Specialist based in Kabul
• Collect, verify and submit project M&E tools and supportive documents as project evidence and for audit observation purposes
• Coordinate IP’s data collection and consolidation
• Coordinate with respective IPs to ensure monthly and quarterly monitoring updates are received in a timely manner
• Assist the project management team to ensure project activities are in compliance with government rules and regulations
• When required, support the Project Team to coordinate and host field visits
• Coordinate project activities with other NGOs working in the area to ensure complementarity of programming
• Collect and record success stories from the field
• Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
• High School Graduation, (Bachelor’s Degree will be preferred)
• 1-3 years M&E experience
• Report writing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team
• Good organizational and time management skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in Dari / Pushto and English preferable
• Computer proficiency in word processing, Power Point, spread sheet, Excel and internet
• Willingness to be flexible with working hours as necessary and ability to travel in the field (districts)
• Preferably good relationship with line agencies
Afghanistan - Baghlan
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than July 28, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form ( Attached is 1420 Form) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position and province applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Concept Notes, Proposal Writing, M&E .. at The Liaison Office||Multi Cities||21 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Balkh||28 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|M&E Expert at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting.. at Ministry of Education ..||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2019|
|Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director at DAI||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|M&E Officer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|