Network and Security Director(1773 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its Network and Security director's post.
A network and security director will work to implement and maintain data-sharing systems throughout an organization, as well as develop procedures and rules regarding the use of company IT equipment. He / she will be responsible for Development and execution of a strategic network architecture and technology plan, Outstanding network reliability and performance, Evaluate emerging technologies, e.g. SDN, clustering, network security and etc, Deployment, integration and leverage various types of NMS tools to proactively monitor and alert on the online network performance, conduct capacity and trending analysis and identify/resolve issues before they become service impacting events. We are looking for a creative network & security director.
|Date Posted:||07 Jul 2018||Reference:||014|
|Closing Date:||16 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a wide team of managers, engineers (employees and contractors) who provide Tier 1, 2 and 3 network support, network engineering, network security and network architecture services in a 24x7x365 multi-tenant onsite/online environment. Provide technical leadership and vision, mentoring, coaching, career development and feedback for performance management. Promote staff development, recruiting and retention.
• Develop and execute on a strategic network architecture and technology plan that serves as a multi-year roadmap for network architecture and investment decisions and integrates with the overall AFTEL TechOps strategic plan.
• Outstanding network reliability and performance. In this role you’ll design and manage our global IP routing platform and other network systems. This will involve selecting and managing datacenters, upstream carriers, and peering exchanges in globally distributed locations, configuring firewalls, IPS/IDS sensors, vpn concentrators, encryptors, load balancers, routers and switches, scaling planning, refining traffic engineering, troubleshooting packet loss, improving internet peering, and other similar tasks.
• Evaluate emerging technologies, e.g. SDN, clustering, network security, network architecture, virtualization, etc. and create the implementation strategies for inclusion in the online global network.
• Deploy, integrate and leverage various types of NMS tools to proactively monitor and alert on the online network performance, conduct capacity and trending analysis and identify/resolve issues before they become service impacting events.
• Oversee the design and deployment of solutions for the distributed global & country wide online network to ensure security, scale, cost efficiency, and high availability (99.99%).
• Collaborate and provide guidance to various technical delivery teams within AFTEL and work with local/global Tech Ops service line leads for entire IP Networks, Security, Servers, Virtualization, Database, Storage, as well as external customers, to ensure they are kept current on network technology developments, trends with best practices and new initiatives.
• Develop and manage strong partnership with all counterpart Service Operations and other delivery teams to insure the successful execution of standard delivery, incident and change management processes.
• Conduct operational reviews and ensure support concerns are addressed and network optimization opportunities are leveraged in an effort to improve the “customers” experience.
• Develop and manage a yearly budget including Operating and Capital Budget considerations. Review monthly expenses against budget and account for variances on a monthly basis. Identify business investments or saving opportunities that will improve service and reduce overall year to year budget expenditures.
• Develop and manage strategic partner/supplier relationships to ensure maximum leverage for AFTEL, includes technical solutions, negotiations and contracts. Work with vendors to implement product feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Manage ownership of the network asset procurement and tracking process.
• Develop leadership and technical skills within the organization.
• Any other duty assigned by CIO of Afghan Telecom.
• Ability to work comfortably in varying levels of abstraction across business strategy, product strategy, high level technical design, detailed technical design and implementation.
• Ability to function effectively under pressure in environments of rapid change and conflicting demands and crisis management.
• Demonstrated continuous improvement, quality methodology and project/operations delivery skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated creative problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
• Ability to depict the technical information conceptually, logically and physically.
• Excellent communication skills across all levels; ability to communicate complex, technical concepts to executive staff, business sponsors and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
• Strong customer management and negotiation skills and the ability to mediate opposing viewpoints and articulate the advantages of a technology solution.
• Ability to manage a budget effectively and have solid contract management skills.
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
• Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 24/7/365.
• 10 years of technical & management experience in a complex, globally distributed, high transaction Internet Service Provider (ISP) infrastructure environment with proven responsibility for similar job functions.
• A minimum of five (5) years of WAN/LAN network architecture design and management experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of network engineering experience with BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, SDN, Cisco Nexus 2K, 5K 7K 9K, IOS, IOSXE, ASA, FTD, FMC, WSA, ISE, Juniper JUNOS, and Citrix NetScaler, Aruba Networks.
• A minimum of five (5) years of project management experience.
• A minimum of five (5) years of Senior Manager level experience.
• Proven ability to develop architecture and provide design oversight that incorporates high availability, automation, operations supportability, security and scalability to a high volume, rapidly growing world class network provider.
• Experience in managing global services. Track record of meeting published uptime and service level objectives.
• Previous experience implementing and supporting a production infrastructure of Telecommunications at large scale is a big advantage.
• BS or MS degree in Computer Management, Information Systems or other relevant degree; Masters preferred.
• ITIL Certification or an understanding of the principles of service support as defined in the ITIL framework.
• Industry Certificates MCSE, CompTIA Certifications, Cisco Certifications, JNCIE-ENT.
• Mandatory Certification: CCIE Lab Certified.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV . Kindly mention the vacancy number (014) - Network & Security Director in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helpdesk Technician at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|System Administrator at NETLINKS||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Web Designer & Developer at Ghalib University||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Senior Web Application Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|
|Software Engineer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|
|Senior ASP .Net Developer at Knight Software Development||Kabul||01 Dec 2018|