Watsan Supervisor(920 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting 3 WATSAN SUPERVISORS (for KCT project 119)
|Date Posted:||07 Jul 2018||Reference:||MSF-271|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Logistics||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||32850 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensure the day to day management of works and demands related to his field of expertise for all Water and Sanitation activities. The activities include the construction phase and the project development phase prior to construction.
Coordinate, implement and supervise, ensuring all technical and scheduling aspects (technical aspects, drawings, design and close supervision of all Water and Sanitation works), Water and Sanitation activities in the project, according to MSF protocols and under the supervision of the Watsan Managers.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Ensure the WHS assessment in collaboration with medical teams, identifying WHS needs and recommends appropriate responses (WHS emergency strategies etc.)
- Provides support to the logistical and medical teams in the identification, implementation and monitoring of the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation activities in all MSF structures according to the protocols of MSF (e.g. Essential Water and Sanitation Requirements, Public Health engineering in emergencies).
- Ensure the implementation of Watsan strategies and policies for all MSF structures
- Ensure the physical organization of materials and tools used in water, hygiene and sanitation activities (Stock inventories; Receiving, processing and quality control of orders for water, sanitation and hygiene material; Check that the amounts received are recorded; Monthly consumption follow up)
- Manage the Watsan team involved in WHS activities (medical structures and community based related activities
- Ensure the site supervision and project management for all construction and/or rehabilitation works related to water and sanitation activities
Ensure the site supervision and project management for all construction and/or rehabilitation works related to water and sanitation activities.
- Participate in the quality control and implementation for all Watsan works
- Support in ensuring the sufficient and quality water supply, water treatment and sanitation in all MSF projects including design and construction of all new installations
- Support in the administrative part (contract management, market assessment, renewal of documentation etc.) for the Watsan related activities
- Ensure compliance to the Mission policies, procedures, protocols related to his respective technical family for all Watsan installations and activities
- Train the project Watsan staff, on daily maintenance tasks and troubleshooting, in order to improve capabilities and ensure their development
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- In order to ensure the coverage of the human resources needs and maintain high standards of quality, organise and coordinate the activities of team supervised (week’s schedule, annual leave, absences, etc.), communicate with the HR Admin department all relevant information in due time, evaluate performance, define and ensure the needs for training
- Perform hands on tasks as part of the team whenever required or needed in order to optimize the resources and to contribute with his/her knowledge and experience
- Participate in monthly reports according to guidelines
- University degree in Water & Sanitation related education essential
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Proficient user of AutoCAD drawing program essential
- EPANET (or similar software) use desirable
- Other experience in similar position, for a period of at least 2 years (supervision of construction site, development of technical drawings, team management) essential
- MSF experience desirable
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
FULL TIME 40 hours a week. 5 days a week
Salary: The gross salary for this position is 32,850 AFN (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Kunduz
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Logistics
APPLICATION :The interested candidates should submit their applications before the 18 JULY 2018 at 5pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration department Kunduz Project via:
- IN A SEALED ENVELOPE AT MÉDECINS SANS FRONTIÈRES PURGUL STREET BEHIND LADIES HOSTEL MSF CLINIC.
The reference “Watsan supervisor” must be stated in the application to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!