About Tetra Tech
USAID's Engineering Support Program (ESP) will ensure the integrity of USAID-Supported infrastructure projects in Afghanistan. While progress has been made in the infrastructure sector, Afghanistan's Infrastructure has not fully recovered from the devastation caused by the years of war. The task of securing gains made over the last fourteen still requires support from the donor community. ESP continues support of USAID's Engineering, Quality Assurance and Logistical Support and Architectural and Engineering Support Program (AESP) by providing the mission with the engineering.
BASIC FUNCTION :
The Maintenance/Mechanic/Handyman oversees and leads all repair, respiration and/or maintenance work in rooms, restrooms, locker rooms, offices, stairways, and windows. Performs minor handyman tasks such as carpentry, painting, and plumbing and minor electrical maintenance work. Oversees the maintenance and service, repair of mechanical equipment such as vehicles and generators. Plans and participates in general day to day maintenance work during slack periods.
SPECIFIC JOB FUNCTIONS :
The Maintenance/Mechanic/Handyman is responsible for all day-to-day office and residential buildings maintenance; managing and maintaining all electrical, plumbing, vehicles, generators, kitchen equipment, grid power, bathrooms and other related systems; inclusive of gardening, cleaning e.g. Special care of vehicle maintenance and servicing as well as generator maintenance, repairs servicing and caretaking.
|Date Posted:||07 Jul 2018||Reference:||2018-114|
|Closing Date:||14 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates or installs inspects, repairs and maintains all electrical, plumbing, generators, kitchen equipment, bathrooms and other related systems in all office and residential buildings.
2. Inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues.
3. Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability of machinery.
4. Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner.
5. Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment, and systems.
6. Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components.
7. Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery.
8. Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users.
9. Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting, vehicles etc.)
10. Keep logs of work and report on issues.
11. Installs inspect, repairs and maintains the heating, cooling and ventilation systems in all office and residential buildings.
12. Identifies any potential problems or hazards to the electrical, plumbing, generator, heating and cooling systems.
13. Responsible for vehicle repairs in office
14. Responsible for handyman tasking’s such as cleaning, gardening e.g.
15. Checks all bulbs for proper functioning and replaces them immediately.
16. Coordinates with direct supervisor for any logistical office and residential buildings requirements.
17. Coordinates with staff/residents for any repair or maintenance needs and addresses them immediately.
18. Performs preventive building maintenance duties, caulks windows and doors, repairs and replaces broken items.
19. Performs routine plumbing repairs on toilets, sinks, and urinals, fixing water leaks, leaking faucets and water fountains.
20. Checks all smoke detectors and fire extinguishers ensuring proper functioning.
21. Does general repairs such as painting, patching walls, hanging shelves and replacing hardware.
22. Provides weekly activities report to the Operations Manager.
23. Responsible for the maintenance and repair of compound perimeter fencing.
24. Able to work overtime on weekends or holidays as required by the supervisor.
Toolbox. Applicants must have their own toolbox inclusive off all necessary tools to accomplish their tasks.
Supervision Received: Maintenance / Mechanic reports to the Operations Manager. He will be in frequent contact with the Operations Manager but is expected to work independently for much of the time.
Available Guidelines: LES Handbook
Exercise of Judgment: The Maintenance/Mechanic is responsible for carrying out their work effectively and provide immediate assistance when required.
Authority to Make Commitments: None
Supervision Exercised: None
Person this position reports to: Operations Manager
Person(s) who report to this position: None
Job Location: Kandahar (Applicants from Kandahar area strongly recommended). Tt does not provide relocation expenses
1. Proven experience as Mechanic
2. Excellent knowledge of machinery and hydraulic, electrical and other systems and their components
3. Aptitude in using various hand tools (screwdrivers, hammers etc.)
4. Experience in precision measurement tools (e.g. calipers)
5. Ability to follow established procedures and practices and read instruction, blueprints etc.
6. A strong commitment to all health and safety guidelines
7. Very good communication skills – English preferred
8. A problem-solving ability
9. Very good physical strength and stamina
10. Qualification (High school diploma is preferred)
High school diploma is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kandahar
Interested Afghan National candidates should submit their applications via e-mail, indicating on the SUBJECT line the title and vacancy number of the position applied (Maintenance/Mechanic/Handyman -2018-114) to the below address. Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be given consideration. Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for an interview.
You must be logged in to see the submission Email (if any).
|More jobs in this category|
|نظارت کننده at Da Afghanistan Bank||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|HR Manager at APEC||Kabul||16 Aug 2018|
|Sales Admin at ALEF Technology||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Exchangerzone||Kabul||22 Jul 2018|
|Business Support Assistant at United Nations World Food Programme||Herat||23 Jul 2018|
|Cook - آشپز at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Afghanaid||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|Sr. Reporting Officer at ASERD/MRRD||Kabul||18 Jul 2018|
|transiator at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||03 Sep 2018|
|Project Assistant (دستیار مدیر پر.. at Dynamic Rigid||Kabul||29 Jul 2018|
|Admin Officer at Jubaili Bros||Kabul||20 Jul 2018|
|اشپز at شفاخانه معالجوی دندان سینا افغان ..||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|صفا کار at شفاخانه معالجوی دندان سینا افغ..||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|