Audit Manager(713 Views)
About Afghan United Bank
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 27 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. For more information kindly visit: www.afghanunitedbank.com
The Audit Manager will be responsible for conducting reviews at all departments/sections of the bank as required by the scope of Audit Department. He/she is co-responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environment; conformance to bank’s standards, compliance to terms & regulations, financial soundness, and proper application of regulations and procedures across all operation and technology activities of the Bank (the Head Office and branches). The incumbent will be leading more complex audit assignments throughout the bank.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||18|
|Closing Date:||17 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Banking||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the tasks/duties of Audit Officer, the following tasks/duties are assigned to the Audit Manager:
1. Co-lead assigned audits and manage planned hours to ensure overall completion of individual assigned audits.
2. Lead audit officers during assigned audits and demonstrate a positive leadership role.
3. Draft and design risk based audit reports to document scope, procedures, results and management
recommendations to ensure operating processes in the area under review are minimizing risk and
accomplishing objectives in accordance to the Bank annual business plan.
4. Lead internal audit follow-up process including: analysis, evidences quality and formal reporting results.
5. Discuss process enhancements and co-leading practice issues with management to reach a joint solution to
mitigate risk factors.
6. Perform special investigations as requested by the Head of Department or the Management and collaborate
with appropriate departments in the performance and documentation of such investigations.
Other job-related tasks as assigned by head of department.
• Fluent communication skills (written and verbal) in Afghan local languages as well as English.
• Having good analytical and diagnostic skills.
• Ability to use MS-Office packages.
• Flexibility regarding travel to branches is required.
• Being accurate, professional and objective in the assigned audit tasks.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Auditing or Business. Master degree will be preferred.
• At least 5+ years’ experience in Banking audit or related field.
• Must be able to generally understand Banking/Auditing theory, adequately assess risks and audits for complex
• Must possess a thorough understanding of general Banking knowledge and the
ability to assess risk and materiality in audit findings and to prioritize audit focus toward highest risks to the
• Islamic Banking knowledge and experience is must
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Account/Finance
Interested Candidates can send their resumes with their recent photo Kindly mention the title of position and Vacancy Number in the subject line of your e-mail
Only the Short-listed candidates will be invited for the interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Chief Islamic Banking Officer at Afghan United Bank||Kabul||05 Oct 2018|
|Loan Officer at Mutahid Development Finance Institution||Herat||30 Sep 2018|
|Senior IS Audit Officer at FINCA Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|