Business Planning Coach/Consultant(316 Views)
About OXUS Consulting Group
About OXUS Consulting Group
Operating from Washington D.C. home office, as well as our presence in Kabul, Rome, and Dubai, OXUS Group provides on-time, on-target, and on-budget solutions.
Oxus Consulting Group provides public and private sectors as technical experts/specialists to train, advise, support, and enhance the operational and strategic capabilities.
At this stage, OXUS is implemented Pathway 3, Business Acceleration, of the Bright Future Program—a part of the Addressing Root Cause (ARC) Funds in Afghanistan, a contribution of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Holland. The program is designed for context of Afghanistan to inspire the youth and offer economic and employment opportunities for young Afghans.
For implementing Pathway 3, Business Acceleration or Scale-up of existing SME’s (Small and Medium Enterprises), OXUS carried out a contextualization for the business acceleration in the economic contexts of Afghanistan and will provide group training as well as individual coaching/mentoring session to 20 SMEs, which are already selected.
For implementing Pathway 3, OXUS invites qualified candidates to apply for the position of Business Planning Consultant to coach/mentor a certain number of SMEs for enhancing or developing their business plans. The coaching/mentoring sessions will be organized at the SMEs venue and the coach/mentor is required to visit one of the assigned SMEs for 2-4 hours on a given day and follow up on enhancement or development of the SMEs Business Plan.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||BP-01|
|Closing Date:||18 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||4||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Consulting||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Month|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Thoroughly read the assessments conducted for each of the assigned SMEs (Small and Medium Enterprises) and get an in-depth understanding of where current the SMEs are in terms their revenues, services, personnel, etc. and what are the SMEs’ strengths and weaknesses as well as what opportunities and threats await them.
2. Assist the SMEs in setting up their business plans or enhance if already have one. Set the business plan according to the context of the economic situation of Afghanistan especially as related to the particular economic sector of the SME. Each business plan will be developed or enhanced to increase the SME’s sales/business, operational efficiencies and attractiveness for investors and other potential business partners.
3. Over the course of 3 months, the Consultant/Coach will be required to split his working hours throughout the day to visit one of the assigned SMEs for 2-4 hours and spend the remaining working day in OXUS compound on developing or enhancing the Business Plan.
4. The Business Plan Consultant/Coach is required to turn in to OXUS well-developed business plans for the assigned SMEs at the end of month 3 and ready for investment.
5. Prepare and submit a coaching/mentoring report to OXUS management on the end of each month.
6. Perform other tasks that are advised by the management and are relevant to the Business Planning component of the program.
• Excellent facilitation/presentation and report writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage with others.
• Ability to work within multicultural, multinational working teams and work under pressure conditions.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, specifically in Word, Power Point, and Excel.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and one of the official local languages (Dari or Pashtu).
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, preferably an MBA.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in relevant to the job.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in delivering training or conducting coaching/mentoring sessions for Business Planning.
• Detailed knowledge of the Afghan laws, policies, procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
To apply, please send your CV, a scanned copy of your degree (s), a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and why you are a good fit for the position, and any appreciation/recommendation/certificate you received from your previous employer. Please mention the title of the position you are applying for (Business Planning Coach/Consultant) in the subject line of your e-mail. We encourage you to apply very soon as we review resumes and conduct interviews on daily basis. Oxus Consulting Group is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age and nationality.
|More jobs in this category|
|Individual Consultant to provide Rights of Wa.. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||27 Jul 2018|
|Donor Coordinator Technical Assistant at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) ..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|