Data Analyst(619 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation has had a long presence on the ground in Afghanistan, from 1954 to 1979 and from 2002 to the present. With a long history of planning and implementing effective programs that benefit the country and its citizens, the Foundation maintains strong relationships with the government and civil society that have led to sustainable initiatives in governance and law, women’s empowerment, education, regional cooperation, and our signature Survey of the Afghan People, an annual nationwide opinion poll that has been carried out for over a decade.
In addition to the Survey of the Afghan People, the Foundation has a number of other projects, including upcoming surveys on Afghan returnees, and Afghans living with disabilities.
The Asia Foundation’s Policy and Research Department is seeking a Data Analyst to provide day-to-day technical and statistical support to projects. The Data Analyst is supervised by the Program Manager working under the direction of the Director of Policy and Research. The Data Analyst must have an intermediate to advanced level understanding of data analysis using Stata, and is responsible for assisting the team with:
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA#19/2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Survey preparations, including questionnaire finalization and pilot testing survey tools
- Visits to monitor the field team (interviewers and supervisors training)
- Data quality checking and forwarding (with inputs from Foundation survey consultant)
o Thoroughly review data for errors
o Contact polling firm with any questions to clarify and finalize data
o Send data to data cleaning consulting firm and to report writer(s)
- Assistance to report writer(s)
o Support writer(s) as requested with graphics, tables and charts
o Respond to report writer(s)’ questions on data with inputs as needed from polling firm and data cleaning consulting firm
o Proofread and edit reports
o Assist with report layout and coordinate with printers for publishing
- Assistance with outreach and presentations (with inputs from Director and other staff)
o As requested by Foundation staff, prepare PowerPoint presentations, outreach hardcopies and graphics and other outreach materials as deemed appropriate by the Foundation
o Coordinate with relevant Foundation staff on press releases, schedule and format of presentations
- Statistical training support; provide support for Stata training courses (beginner, intermediate and advanced); developing take-home assignments and Stata tips
- Statistical support for custom analyses and write-up on various topics using data
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Fluency in English, Dari and/or Pashtu in speech, writing and comprehension
• Good interpersonal relations and ability to work with a diverse team of national and international staff and consultants
• Excellent communication skills - both oral and in writing
• Strong ability to follow up on own initiative
Master degree in appropriate field with use of quantitative analysis.
• Experience in research methodology, both qualitative and quantitative
• Proven report writing experience;
• Formal statistical training in Stata is required and necessary for this role
• Three years of experience working with statistical software, preferably intermediate or advanced level Stata
• Teaching experience;
• Experience working in fast-paced, dynamic, and multi-cultural office setting is preferred.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than July 15, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached to this announcement) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position and province applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Inspection Consultant - Health at Integrity Watch Afghanistan||Kabul||18 Aug 2018|