Project Coordinator(1490 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation has had a long presence on the ground in Afghanistan, from 1954 to 1979 and from 2002 to the present. With a long history of planning and implementing effective programs that benefit the country and its citizens, the Foundation maintains strong relationships with the government and civil society that have led to sustainable initiatives in governance and law, women’s empowerment, education, regional cooperation, and our signature Survey of the Afghan People, an annual nationwide opinion poll that has been carried out for over a decade.
In addition to the Survey of the Afghan People, the Foundation has a number of other projects, including upcoming surveys on Afghan returnees, and Afghans living with disabilities.
The Asia Foundation’s Policy and Research Department is seeking a Project Coordinator who will be mainly responsible for providing support to the Project Manager in coordinating the successful implementation of projects – from project initiations to close-out – on time, within budget and scope. She/he will assist in overseeing local Implementing Partners (IPs), proactively manage risks and issues across multiple projects. A key responsibility for the coordinator is to lead and manage the translation of surveys from English into Dari and Pashto. The candidate must demonstrate a very strong commitment to working in the policy and research sector.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||VA#20/2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide project coordination support to ensure that the projects are implemented with quality and within the parameters of budget and schedule.
• Ensure that the detailed project plans are created and updated regularly.
• Organize meetings with the government entities for smooth implementation of projects and produce the minutes of all meetings.
• Work with the Foundation’s Implementing Partners to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner, with the agreed quality, budget and duration.
• Travel to the provinces for monitoring field work.
• Develop the first drafts of reports e.g. weekly, quarterly and annual reports for donors and government entities.
• Identify and highlight the project success, challenges, and issues and record them.
• Support the Project Manager in updating the Afghan Info database.
• Draft success stories and handle communication and outreach of the project.
• Provide editorial support in English, Dari and Pashto to consultants and staff to ensure custom analysis and publications maintain a high standard of quality;
• Lead on translation of all reports from English to Dari and Pashto; and vice versa
• Contribute to the analysis and writing of selected chapters in the Survey of the Afghan People, as required.
• As required, organize and deliver presentations on the Survey of the Afghan People data to national audiences and with Afghan government agencies and ministries.
• Work closely with the Program Director, Policy and Research, the Foundation’s finance, procurement and administration teams to ensure accountability and transparency in project
1. Minimum Bachelors’ degree or diploma in a relevant field (i.e. sociology, social science and research, management, business administrations, law, economics, etc.); Masters degree preferred
2. Excellent oral and written skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
3. Three years’ experience in Project Management field and in M&E.
4. Experience in providing presentation, any kind of training or teaching.
5. Experience in research, report writing.
6. Excellent computer skills (MS Office)
7. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and ability to work with diverse team.
8. Ability and willingness to work under pressure as part of a professional team.
9. Must be willing to travel to provinces.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than July 15, 2018 to submission email.
Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached is to this announcement) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position and province applied for in the subject line of your email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Researcher/Head of Office in Herat at AISS||Herat||28 Feb 2019|
|Researcher / City University Project - Afghan.. at Samuel Hall||Kabul||15 Mar 2019|