National M&E Advisor for MEC's Assessment in the Attorney General Office(658 Views)
About Joint Monitoring and Evaluation Committee(MEC)
In 2010, after the London and Kabul Conferences, the Government of the Islamic Republic Afghanistan (GIRoA) invited the international community to form the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC), to provide anti-corruption policy advice, and monitor and evaluate progress against specific anti-corruption benchmarks. The MEC was established jointly by the GIRoA and the international community by Presidential Decree 61, 2010. In September 2016, Presidential Decree No. 115 changed the legal status, duties, scope of activities and authorities of MEC.
The MEC is independent and is not subject to direction from either the Afghan government or from the international community. The MEC focuses on:
• Developing anti-corruption recommendations;
• Monitoring and evaluating the anti-corruption efforts of the Afghan government and the international community; and
• Reporting on a regular basis to the President, Parliament, and people of Afghanistan, as well as to the international community about the state of the fight against corruption.
On July 19, 2017, the Independent Joint Anti-Corruption Monitoring and Evaluation Committee (MEC) released a comprehensive Vulnerability to Corruption Assessment of the Attorney General’s Office (AGO). This Special Report is aimed at systematically identifying factors that make the AGO vulnerable to corruption and actions that can be taken to mitigate these vulnerabilities.
The Special Report contains 51 specific recommendations. MEC will actively follow up the issued recommendations and report on the status of implementation every quarter over the next 24 months.
The National Consultant will work under the overall supervision of the Executive Director and the direct supervision and guidance of the M&E Team leader of MEC Secretariat.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||MEC|
|Closing Date:||17 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main Responsibilities of National Advisor:
• Follow up the implementation status of recommendations (AGO MVCA Special Report) with AGO and other implementing institutions
• Collect the necessary information/documents for the update of the implementation status of recommendations
• Work with the Monitoring Team (M&E team lead and a senior officer) under overall supervision of the Executive Director and M&E Team Leader.
• Work closely with MEC Team on monitoring the implementation of recommendations
• Prepare a precise and detailed work plan for the follow up for each monitoring period
• Accompany the monitoring team during Provincial trips (2 provincial trips every four months)
• Meet the relevant stakeholders including AGO relevant units and officials, other stakeholders, international organizations and donors
• Arrange and lead roundtable discussions with national and international stakeholders hosted by MEC
• Analyze and verify the collected information and prepare the final Quarterly Progress Reports which will include impact analysis
• The National Advisor , with the MEC team, Present the Progress Report to the MEC Committee for each reporting period
• Fulfill other tasks given by his/her direct supervisor
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Law
• A minimum of five years relevant experience
• Excellent analytical skills
• High-quality report writing skills
• Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation, Assessment, Anti-Corruption, Investigation, or project management is a significant plus.
• Ability to work in a politicized environment on a highly sensitive topic
• Ability to effectively work in a team environment
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Law
Candidates can apply for the position by sending their cover letter and CV in one PDF or Microsoft Word document, named in the following way:
"LAST_NAME_first_name.pdf" or "LAST_NAME_first_name. doc." Supplementary documents - degrees, certificates, etc. - should not be sent at this stage.
The single PDF or Word file should be emailed with the subject line " National M&E Advisor for MEC's Assessment in the Attorney General Office " by July 17, 2018.
|More jobs in this category|
|National M&E Advisor for MEC's Assessment in .. at Joint Monitoring and E..||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Senior Business Development Advisor at Afghan Social Marketing Organizati..||Kabul||25 Nov 2018|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|