Technical Evaluation Manager(320 Views)
About Agricultural Development Fund
The Agricultural Development Fund (ADF) is a standalone government owned financial institution with the fundamental purpose of making credit available to the agriculture sector. The target clientele of the ADF includes small commercial farmers. As well as agribusinesses engaged in distribution of agricultural inputs, producers of high-value crops, processors and exporters of agricultural products. ADF functions as a wholesale lender, channeling credit through financial and non-financial institutions. Agricultural credit provided by the ADF is enabling farmers and other players in the agriculture sector to put in practice modern production, processing and market development practices acquired in the last decade.
The Agricultural Technical Evaluation Manager supervises the implementation of activities in the field under the ADF Technical Services Unit. He/she contributes that lending activities target viable clients, reviews the technical assessment reports for new loan applications and supervises the provision of training and technical assistance to the clients.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||ADF-009|
|Closing Date:||22 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• In close coordination with the Kabul ADF Lending Team and counterparts at the Regional Offices evaluates, analyzes, conducts assessments and offers recommendations related to the technical aspects of the investments intended by applicants to ADF loans and ensuring to maximize the impact of resources contract by ADF with its clients.
• Identifies agricultural value chain interventions within ADF financed value chain groups that will contribute to the success of the investments made by clients of ADF, suggesting approaches, methodologies and interventions.
• Participates in ADF loan approval committees (Internal review, technical review and credit Committee) and provide inputs and recommendations for each loan application from an agricultural and agribusiness point of view.
• Helps the Environmental Compliance Manager in order to prioritize the new loan applications and provides the necessary information for further environmental screening process.
• Conducts the value chain and policy workshops at regional and national level in order to define the major and key challenges and recommends solutions for different potential Afghan Value Chains.
• Oversees activities of field personnel tasked with value chain upgrading initiatives at regional level consistent with the Annual Work Plan and in close coordination with the Technical Services Director and the CEO.
• Contributes to the development of the technical capacity of Afghan staff in the regions
• Keep well apprised of new technology, trends and information in agriculture internationally and nationally.
• Oversees the ADF’s compliance to national and international environmental, food and health safety standards and any associated reporting
• Other tasks as required by the technical services director.
Strong interpersonal relations skills, cross-cultural sensitivity and effective communications skills are essential (oral, written, presentation and training)
• A University degree or higher in Agriculture.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in agricultural value chain development with experience working in conjunction with high-value crops, food processing agribusiness, poultry, livestock sector, medium and large agribusiness and providers of agricultural services; and knowledge of exporting requirements and demands in Afghanistan.
• Understand general aspects of lending to agriculture, livestock and business in Afghanistan.
• Demonstrated success in identifying priority value chains based on available information and relationship building with current operators across the agricultural sector and a proactive approach to increasing the competitiveness of selected agricultural value chain relationships and mechanisms
• Demonstrated collaborative approach as a team player, bringing creativity and a willingness to innovate,
• Strong interpersonal relations skills, cross-cultural sensitivity and effective communications skills are essential (oral, written, presentation and training)
• Strong knowledge of the major languages in Afghanistan: Dari, Pashto, Urdu is a plus strong knowledge of English is necessary
• Transparency in all dealings, inscrutable professional behavior, proven ability to function honorably in all circumstances.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Technical
All Interested qualified applicants are encouraged to send their CV and Cover Letter indicating the position title and vacancy number ( ADF - 009) in the subject line before closing date to the below email address.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Field Engineer at SNAPP-2/MAIL||Kabul||03 Aug 2018|
|Plumber at Jumiat Industrial Association||Kabul||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Evaluation Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Balkh||28 Jul 2018|
|Technical Advisor to Minister MAIL at Ministry Of Agriculture Irrigation ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|
|Petroleum and Gas Engineer to MoMP/LSMU at Ministry of Mines and Petroleu..||Kabul||24 Jul 2018|
|کارشناس جیولوجی محیطی (Env.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||23 Jul 2018|