Communications Officer(1589 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The communication officer will support the Director of Communications in managing all aspects of communications, public relations, and social media at American University of Afghanistan. S/he will work with the Director of Communications to implement communication strategies to broaden the impact of the University’s programs and oversee organizational messaging and constituent services. The Communications Officer is responsible to collect, produce and manage communication products and materials in support of AUAF communication strategy.
|Date Posted:||08 Jul 2018||Reference:||001|
|Closing Date:||21 Jul 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports the Director of Communications in development and implementation of communications strategy and plan.
• Supports in organizing media and communications events.
• Oversee the archive of AUAF communications materials.
• Supports the production of communications material (Short videos, success stories) for external and internal audiences consistent with the branding guidelines of AUAF
• Develops messages and write and edit content for a range of purposes
• Takes an active role in producing a quarterly newsletter about AUAF highlights.
• Regularly updates AUAF website and pages on social media.
• Provides support in directing and coordinating the university’s marketing, web presence, media presentations, and print media with other related university functions.
• Develops and maintain relations with media, government and public, in close coordination with the support of the Director of Communications.
• Bachelor degree in journalism or business administration; management and marketing
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of communications and public relations with an international institution
• Ability to grasp the marketing concept in today’s market nature and advice accordingly based on daily improved marketing concepts.
• Filming and video editing skills, and being able to produce short videos.
• Layout and design skills; knowledge of adobe InDesign.
• Excellent spoken and written English. Fluency in Dari and Pashto is a must.
• Proven organizational skills including ability to ability to juggle multiple demands, manage shifting priorities, and negotiate timelines.
• Good conceptual and analytical as well as creative thinking.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Superior written and oral communication skills both in English, Pashto and Dari.
• Advanced computer skills.
• Advanced videography, video editing (pro cut or adobe premiere) skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and within limited timeframes.
• Excellent analytical, project management, and organizational skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document to below email address.
Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Communications Officer” in the subject line of the email.
All applications must be submitted on or before July 21, 2018. After reviews of the applications, formal interviews for the finalists will be set up in the AUAF West campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Grants and Communications Manager at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Director of Communications at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Nov 2018|
|Communication/Marketing Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|